'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Finished the last of my Commando's for Bolt Action - a Subaltern and his Radio Op, a stretcher bearer to accompany my M.O, a 'Drop-short' Rupert and a Universal carrier Medium Machine Gun Crew.

All I need to do to chalk off another army in 2012 is to put the finishing touches to the bases which I am hoping to do at the weekend.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Hertsblue

Panzer IIIs and Hanomags up and running for Kursk, except for the decals - and hopefully they'll be here in a day or two. A few stands of Der Führer panzergrenadiers and Soviet guards motor-rifles complete. Next up a whole raft of T34s and T70s, which, along with other bits and pieces, should take me into the new year.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Nosher

Batrep highlighting my recent painting endeavours

http://nosherswargames.blogspot.co.uk/

Apologies for unpainted armour but was short a few points and my brother in law is going to be introducing me to air brush work tommorow so have been holding off on tackling the armour/vehicles until I have received my masterclass!

Need to finish the bases on my commandos this weekend ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Hertsblue

Great paint job, Nosher. Really nice.  =D>

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

Excellent Nosher !
Really like that !
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nothing this week as I'm in Aberdovey, Wales at my step brother's wedding! 8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Got my 1870 Guards Voltigeurs undercoated tonight, the ago is to get them done by New Year's Eve...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

28mm PAK40 and Crew for Bolt Action completed.

Not happy with finish on the gun though might strip back and airbrush... :-\

Frank Carson

Bunny

Busy week or so....

Finished painting 108 Spanish Scutari, now they need basing and a wash of Army Painter  Dark Tone, which I will do when I get home for Christmas.

Finished 7 airships for my Dystopian Wars Prussian Empire fleet, 4xPflicht Scoutships, 2xGewitterwolke Bomers and 1xSky Ship Aircraft Carrier.  Also 4xSquadrons of tiny fliers.

On the go, 3 more tiny flier squadrons, a harbor jetty set and city walls for Dystopian Wars....

One more week away with work so should finish this lot!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Between eldest daughter and wife being ill, and youngest daughter celebrating her 6 month birthday by not going to slepp until 2.30, I got an hour's painting done last night, which is nearly as much sleep as I got as well! Now to apply some ink before everyone else wakes up (after youngest waking up at 5:15 and just going back to sleep again at 6:30)!  ;D

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 15 December 2012, 06:41:40 AM
Between eldest daughter and wife being ill, and youngest daughter celebrating her 6 month birthday by not going to slepp until 2.30, I got an hour's painting done last night, which is nearly as much sleep as I got as well! Now to apply some ink before everyone else wakes up (after youngest waking up at 5:15 and just going back to sleep again at 6:30)!  ;D

And you reckon Leon treats sleep as an optional extra!  :D

www.rulesdepot.net

Steve J

After a break of a few weeks due to work and family stuff, managed to get some more 2mm SYW stuff based last night. Just the commands to do now and then onto adding fine sand etc before painting. Also made some trial pieces of scenery. Updates to follow on my Blog when I've got stuff worth taking pics of.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Got the highlights done on trousers, horses and jackets before I succumbed to the Nora bug! Now have a day off work, which is useful as the carpet fitter is due round any second!
Which means all my painting stuff has had to be moved, along with the rest of our lives!
Hopefully it will all be sorted by Christmas!!  8)

Steve J

Been ill for 5 days now and totally fed up with it. Trying to fit in some gaming related stuff, but energy severely lacking at present.

Nosher

Quote from: Steve J on 17 December 2012, 11:42:12 AM
Been ill for 5 days now and totally fed up with it. Trying to fit in some gaming related stuff, but energy severely lacking at present.

Sorry to hear that Steve :(

Hope you're fit and well soon and back doing gaming related stuff ;)

If it makes you feel any better - I am still pissing about with that PAK40 trying to get it right and have finally settled on a basic dukelgelb with no attempt at camouflage >:(

I did however manage to get the dunkelgelb done on two 251's and a 250/9 and have finished a Hetzer in ambush pattern camouflage. ;)

Frank Carson