'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Dinas Powys

29 October 2012, 09:45:09 PM #150 Last Edit: 29 October 2012, 10:17:24 PM by O Dinas Powys
Quote from: Nosher on 26 October 2012, 09:20:55 PM

1. Arthurian for Dux Brittanarium/Bellorum - based and undercoated. Would aim to have these done by Christmas

Persuade me!

@-) You are feeling very sleepy  (:|

I-)

When you wake, you will have the irresistible urge to read the appropriate Bernard Cornwell novels and paint Derfel Cadarn et al   :D

Persuasive enough?  ;)

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

[-( NOPE i'M NOZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz....
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

29 October 2012, 10:30:30 PM #152 Last Edit: 30 October 2012, 08:46:16 AM by nikharwood
My updated progress:

- completed the SYW French commission
- completed my 28mm Crossover minis
- completed my 28mm Empire of the Dead minis
- assembled, bases textured, undercoated my Warmaster armies
- completed my FPW Prussians
- assembled, bases textured, undercoated my SA Pacific War armies
- started a SYW Prussian commission
- played more games  8)
- assembled, base textured, undercoated single figures for 10mm FIW skirmish
- assembled, base textured, undercoated single figures for 10mm post-apocalyptic STALKER skirmish
- planned more for MADFest
- planned the next 10mm projects
- planned the next 2mm project
- planned bought the next 3mm project
- planned the next 28mm project
:d

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 October 2012, 09:49:39 PM
[-( NOPE i'M NOZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz....

Psssst, you can use a beggar wizard to stand in for Derfel as narrator  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It must have backfired, I spent two hours painting buildings last night!

ps thanks for the tip! I  have one of those recently painted...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

The Abyssinian horse are nearly done, guns getting there. Quite a lot of tribesmen to be done, but they're fairly simple. I'll be free to paint Aztecs soon.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Nosher

Intriguing Nik - 10mm FIW skirmish? For Muskets and Tomahawks??
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

Quote from: Nosher on 30 October 2012, 10:35:03 AM
Intriguing Nik - 10mm FIW skirmish? For Muskets and Tomahawks??

Possibly mate - not got 'em yet...before I pick them up, I'll use Brother Against Brother and/or Legends of the Old West (both with the appropriate modding)  :)

This particular project is something I've been thinking about for ages & have managed to do it from surplus figs left over from my FIW Maurice armies  8)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2 regts of Prussian Uhlans, 3 batteries of French 1870 artillery, and a reg of zouaves assembled to help with Thursday's game! I LOVE half term!

Nosher

Just finished the last of the Late War German Infantry for Bolt Action, so well on track to finish that project by December 31st given there is just a Pak40 and Crew, a Hetzer and two half tracks to finish.

Photo's tommorow if we get another morning like we had here today in Sunny Suffolk!

So, (as well as finishing the Late War German project) I am going to be brave and suggest that I am going to see how far I can get with FOUR projects by December 31st as follows:

Main Project
28mm Commando's for Bolt Action - similar sized force and composition to late war krauts - make as big a dent as possible in the project!

Secondary Projects

a) 6 point 28mm Scots warband for SAGA
b) 10mm Vikings - attempt to finish by Christmas (again!)
c) Medieval Scots - break the back of these so I have decent sized ally for my French HYW
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two hours last night and two hours this morning see two more buildings finished, plus three 1870 French artillery batteries, a brigade stand of Uhlans and  a unit of Zouaves base coated and inked.
WILL be needing these on Thursday, WON'T be finished by then. Why is it in a campaign, that the units you haven't painted are always the ones your friends want to use!? ???

Nosher

Photo's of Krauts as promised ;) Not great photo's as the weather been poor today here :(

http://nosherswargames.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/bolt-action-krauts.html

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looking great Nosher, love the medic, adds some lovely variety.  8)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Odds and bobs I'm working on when bored of my mates 15mm buildings!

Nosher

Quote from: mad lemmey on 31 October 2012, 02:59:25 PM
Why is it in a campaign, that the units you haven't painted are always the ones your friends want to use!? ???

Its because they can...!

Nice work Monsieur 'Fou de Lemmey'. Enjoy the rest of your half term ;)

Frank Carson