'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Right. I'm now starting horse bards for the Imperial Guard of Johannes IV, Grand Negus of Abyssinia. But I fear this army may take a little longer. Big, and there are a few units with fancy embroidery.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Not a bad day on the painting and gaming front:

- Re-painted 3 off T-26s in a two tone camo scheme. I was never happy with the original paint job but am with the new one :).
- Sorted out a load of reference material for more paint jobs on AFVs for MadFest in November.
- Based up some lovely little N gauge telephone boxes for use with my AVBCW and Operation Seelowe battlegroups. They will be making an appearance at MadFest.
- Based up some telegraph poles for use in all my 10mm games.

Nosher

Just put the finishing touches to some more Late War Krauts for Bolt Action in 28mm - a MG team, a medium mortar team, a panzerfaust and panzershreck team, a sniper team and command figures including an officer and a medic.

Although I have had a beer or two still none the wiser on the next project...

Guess i will have to drink a bit more! :o ;) :o
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

Quote from: Nosher on 19 October 2012, 11:27:02 PM
Although I have had a beer or two still none the wiser on the next project...

Guess i will have to drink a bit more! :o ;) :o

Too right - inspiration at the bottom of the glass  :d

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Spent 8 hours finishing two ruined apartment blocks for a mate in 15mm. No enthusiasm for them, just have a deadline of Dec for 3 stacker boxes full! One more building in this box  :-<

It's so big I can't see over it!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

And well and truly ruined. You've just created a conservation programme, Lemmey. Good work.  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Nosher

Finished another 10man Late war Kraut Squad for BA - only one more squad to go and a recently arrived PAK40 and Crew. Then its onto vehicles. Next up will be the Cabbage heads to take on my Sausage munchers. :)

Cabbage, Sauerkraut and Sausage... a recipe for flatulence if ever I saw one :-[

In 10mm...???

I will make that announcement tonight after my usual intake of alcoholic beverage ;) 8) ;)

There may even be a chance for forum members to vote, although after the last escapade you put me through (Saxons...!  :'() I doubt I will listen :P :P
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Once again  work has completely put the kaibosh on any painting this week >:(. However I hope to make a bit of progress tonight as it's only a couple of weeks until MadFest!

Nosher

Quote from: Steve J on 26 October 2012, 03:04:48 PM
Once again  work has completely put the kaibosh on any painting this week >:(. However I hope to make a bit of progress tonight as it's only a couple of weeks until MadFest!

Nice one Steve ;)

Frank Carson

Nosher

So, 10mm choices to paint alongside my 28mm Cabbage Heads are:

1. Arthurian for Dux Brittanarium/Bellorum - based and undercoated. Would aim to have these done by Christmas

2. Vikings (will I EVER finish them???) - project started about 1/3rd of the way through. Would aim to have these done by Christmas

3. Napoleonic Austrians - still in bags. Long term project, not keen to start until the range is finished.

4. ECW/TYW - based and undercoated. Both sides - lots and lots to do!

5. Medieval Scots as allies for my HYW French - based and undercoated. My own personal preference given I could paint a few units at a time.

6. Byzantine - still in bags. Another miniature manufacturers range... Ssssssshhhhh! Leon might be listening!!!

7. Napoleonic French - based and undercoated. Another miniature manufacturers range... Ssssssshhhhh! Leon might be listening!!!

Persuade me!

Frank Carson

Steve J

I'd go Arthurian as I love the period (ever since I was a kid) and you have the new rulesets to try then out with :).

Oh and I've managed to get three early war Quads and one Horch car painted and Devlin Mud washed tonight, ready for drybrushing etc tomorrow if I can find the time.

Techno

Quote from: Hertsblue on 21 October 2012, 04:22:11 PM
And well and truly ruined. You've just created a conservation programme, Lemmey. Good work.  ;)

Totally agree with Ray...Great stuff Lemmey !!
Cheers - Phil.

nikharwood

I vote Arthurian too Nosher - or your Vikings...been waiting fecking ages to see them done  :d

Nosher

sh*t day sport wise on the box so managed to make a HUGE dent in that last squad of Late War Krauts for BA (faces, hands and flocking to do!), so much so that one more session should see them off as ANOTHER completed project (less the vehicles...).

Jury's still out on my next 10mm project...

Frank Carson

FierceKitty

Tribal irregular cavalry for the Abyssinians are coming on nicely, though I'm back at work.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.