'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Polish Haiduk Infantry finished this evening :) Command stands tommorow before I go to work or failing that finished off before I go to the club tommorow evening.

Cant believe I will have churned out an rmy from start to finish in less than a month :o
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Nosher on 04 October 2012, 10:38:00 PM
Polish Haiduk Infantry finished this evening :) Command stands tommorow before I go to work or failing that finished off before I go to the club tommorow evening.

Cant believe I will have churned out an rmy from start to finish in less than a month :o

=D>  It's amazing what a bit of focus can do isn't it!   :> :D
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I got a game in last night, lost in 4 turns to a really good mate, so that was cool, he's owed me a good kicking for a while!  ;D
Then came home and inked 4 15mm scale shop complexes and a bunker, as I'm workingthrough 3 stacker boxes of buildings before the conflict tournament in December!  :o
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Well done Nosher! My stuff is starting to get back on track, fingers crossed.

FierceKitty

My Khedival Egyptians now have a Sudanese regiment mounted on camels. Two Fellahin units currently under the brush, with the dragoons patiently waiting their turn and hoping the war (any war) is over before they're done.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two and a half hours with a number 6 six brush last night, bunker finished, ruined apartment block inked and complete apartment block main dry brushing of walls and windows blacked in. Possibly get that one finished tonight!

Not done any commission work in ages, do I charge by the hour, by the building or make up an amount for the lot?  :-\
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 October 2012, 08:22:15 AM
Not done any commission work in ages, do I charge by the hour, by the building or make up an amount for the lot?  :-\

As long as you're happy and your 'customer' is as well....Don't think it really matters Lemmey.
Cheers - Phil.

nikharwood

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 October 2012, 08:22:15 AM

Quote from: Techno on 06 October 2012, 08:33:09 AM
As long as you're happy and your 'customer' is as well....Don't think it really matters Lemmey.

Usually best to work out the price (& get it agreed) before you start doing the work for them though, Lemmey mate  ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I know, but I may not even get this one done by December!
  ;D

Nosher

Right. Polish/Lithuanian Commonwealth Army just needing to have bases flocked so I need to add something else to my to do list :)

Still have:
28mm Bolt Action Germans - two 10 man squads completed, two more 10 man squads to do, command, MG34 team, Mortar Team, Sniper team, Flamethrower Team, Fausts and Panzerschrecks, 2x Sdkf2 251, 1x Hetzer - target date December 31st

10mm Arthurians for Dux Brittaniarium - moving these up the priority list and would like to have these finished by end of October

Next project? either:
28mm Bolt Action British Commando's - four ten man squads, command, vickers MMG, mortar team, sniper team, PIAT teams, MMG Universal carrier, 2x Universal carriers, 1x Cromwell

10mm Napoleonic French & Austrians (shitloads of these so very much a long term project...)

10mm ECW/TYW Generic Stuff for FoG Rennaisance

10mm SCW for A World Aflame

28mm Scots for SAGA

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

I remember some of the chaps at the club having commandos for RoE, but found them a bit limited as a force. Short of D-Day ops, they just didn't seem to fit into a suitable campaign. I'd recommend standard Brits that then fit in from '39 - '45 and can also be used as Canadians. Much more flexible and fun to play.

Nosher

Quote from: Steve J on 07 October 2012, 04:11:05 PM
I remember some of the chaps at the club having commandos for RoE, but found them a bit limited as a force. Short of D-Day ops, they just didn't seem to fit into a suitable campaign. I'd recommend standard Brits that then fit in from '39 - '45 and can also be used as Canadians. Much more flexible and fun to play.

A bit too late for that Steve as they are already bought, based and undercoated, however I plan on engaging those pesky late war krauts in the Scheldt estuary, Holland in Operation Infatuate ;)

Frank Carson

Steve J

Hi Nosher,
I have the Battleground Europe book on Operation Infatuate. If it is of any use to you I can bring it along to MadFest for you to have a look at.
Steve J.

Nosher

Hi Steve

sadly I cant make Madfest - not enough DGC's and the wife has bought tickets to see Warhorse in the west end that weekend.

I'll have to see if I can amazon the book, sounds good!

Frank Carson

nikharwood

We'll have to set up a live video feed from MADFest I reckon  ;)

This weekend I've been mostly painting a load of 28mm figures for Jack the Ripper EotD as well as some 10mm FPW Prussian Landwehr - oh, and those lovely 28mm Crossover Minis from Leon - pics tomorrow  8)