'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

Quote from: Luddite on 27 September 2012, 09:47:27 AM
I'm considering Firefly too.  What figures are you looking at Nik?

I think the new sci fi marines for the Purplebellies, and a mix of ACW and sci for the Browncoats.

Vehicles are tricky though.  We know that anti-gravity 'mules' are common, and there's references from the show of 'rollers' as combat vehicles, and ground attack aircraft were used in the first episode.

The Firefly RPG gives a bit more detail but not much...

Yep - pretty much the same thoughts to be honest - those new ACW civilians would get featured for sure...but I'm thinking very small here...so I'm not *that* worried about the vehicles to be honest - more interested in RPGing this I think.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

4 hours of basing and three coats of paint and a coat of water/pva applied last night, what is really slowing this down is 30+ casualty markers!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

Another 25 Warlord Plastic Royal Marines, two Vickers K LMG teams, a Vickers MMG, a 3" Mortar team as well as some german reinforcements including a 251, a sniper team and a flamethrower team for Bolt Action assembled and undercoated today.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

25th Hessian Division of German 1870 Army finished

More shots here...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 30 September 2012, 03:50:43 PM
25th Hessian Division of German 1870 Army finished

More shots here...

Very nice  :-bd

Think you might have forgotten this though: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,6125.msg59339.html#msg59339 ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

A severe case of real-life stopped play for me too :'(

Anyway, most stuff is 90%+ finished, so from a base of wistfully dreaming I can't be too unhappy.

I did manage to prep October's little project over the weekend, so full steam ahead for the next month... Hopefully!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 01 October 2012, 09:31:33 PM
Very nice  :-bd

Think you might have forgotten this though
Knew there was something I had to do...  ;D

Steve J

Real life is still putting pay to any real progress on my Fallschirmjager. So for this month I'm going to concentrate on finishing off little odds'n'sods of projects as and when time allows. Also I will be putting together a game for MadFest in November.

O Dinas Powys

First preview picture of Oktoberprojekt is up!  8)

Nosher

Over the past couple of evenings I have managed to complete 14 stands of Winged Hussars (including hand made pennants >:() and am very close to completing 8 more 28mm Late War Krauts for Bolt Action. :)

My Polish/Lithuanian Commonwealth Army is only 6 stands of Polish Haiduk infantry and four command stands away from being completed in entirety. I'll borrow loads of ECW/TYW Arquebusiers to make the army large enough to take on Gustavas Adolophus' Swede's 8)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

At last I have found some time to shoe horn in a bit of painting :). My Matilda I Infantry Tanks and MkVIB Light Tanks have finally moved on from the Devlin Mud wash stage. I managed to get in the main drybrushing stage this evening, so tomorrow with luck I'll get a load of the detailing done. Then it is a case of adding all the main BEF marking details.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Most of which were below the 'tide line' for mud, only really need squadron marker on the turret sided.

Steve J

It will be the white recognition squares, turret markings and gas paint patches where appropriate. Everything else as you say will be below the mud line :).

Nosher

Those 8 Late War Germans got finished last night :)

Frank Carson

O Dinas Powys

Mein Oktoberschnellerprojekt ist go - and already 54 minutes old!

Beware the gnomish hordes who dwell on the periphery of the Great Fungus Forest! http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,3872.msg59569.html#msg59569

Cheers!

Meirion