'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

A nice bit of progress on my Fallschirmjagers tonight. I've settled on the colours I'm using for the 1st Battalion and got half-way through painting 9 stands of infantry before my eyes started to give out. At least all the uniforms are done, so tomorrow will be stuff like faces, webbing etc. If I'm lucky these will be completed post Dr Who.

O Dinas Powys

Managed to get the base colours finished on most of my pasta-fungi :D

Then kind of got side-tracked posting on here...  :-[  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

nikharwood

Quick update from me:

Pendraken:
- SYW French commission (in-progress) for Maurice: COMPLETE
- FPW Prussians: READY FOR PAINTING
- FIW both sides: READY FOR PAINTING
- Fantasy: Goblins & Wood Elves for Warmaster: ASSEMBLED
- South-American Pacific War: PLANS FINALISED - ORDER ABOUT TO GO IN
- Some more pulp / Cthulhu 10mm skirmish
- poss some 10mm Firefly-type sci-fi and / or STALKER stuff

Other:
- 28mm: Empire of the Dead: READY FOR PAINTING
- 3mm: BAOR force for CWC c1987 or so
NEW: 28mm Crossover minis from Minibits for sci-fi: READY FOR PAINTING
NEW: MADFest planning: FLYER #1 & BOOKING FORM & SPONSORSHIP APPROACHES DONE

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just waiting for the little one to go up stairs to bed and it's a bucket of pva/water and a bucket of sand and a division of troops finished and on their bases to add basing too!  :D
Oh and I forgot their sodding beards!  >:(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 21 September 2012, 09:46:57 PM
Managed to get the base colours finished on most of my pasta-fungi

Base colours finished, also much dry-brushing and pore-filling...

More photos up.
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

FierceKitty

My recruits are waiting for their drill sergeant to recover from a devilish 'flu.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Nosher

Completed ten 'pin markers' for Bolt Action and started work on another 8 late war germans also for BA. Also managed to flock the bases of two dozen or so 10mm WoTR Warmaster stands which I hadn't found time to get around to.

Productive evening.

Sadly no game :(
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Moustaches/Sand/water/pva from 10:15 until 2am, that was a long evening! What took the time was the 30 casulty markers and moving sand round on the bases to create spaces with a credit card*; basic bases, 5 lots of 3" x 3" bases, 3 1.5" x 1.5" and 6 1.5" x 3" bases,  took about 40 minutes of that time...

Ink wash on that lot tonight!

*It was like a bad 80s movie Columbian drug lord with a dodgy batch of coke!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

Given there's only kissball on the box :d I dug out 48 stands of pike/irish kern and 16 stands of Knights/MAA and 4 stands of Mounted Crossbow that have been painted for months and finally finished off drybrushing, edging and flocking the bases.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

A variety of family related stuff these past few days has put the kaibosh on any chance of me hitting my September target :(. I'm not going to rush the painting on my Fallschirmjager to play catch up, so a lot of these will have to move over into October's list. C'est la vie.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Basing stalled due to setting up 1870 campaign (more on this, later....)

Luddite

Quote from: nikharwood on 22 September 2012, 09:54:42 PM
Quick update from me:

Pendraken:
-- poss some 10mm Firefly-type sci-fi and / or STALKER stuff

I'm considering Firefly too.  What figures are you looking at Nik?

I think the new sci fi marines for the Purplebellies, and a mix of ACW and sci for the Browncoats.

Vehicles are tricky though.  We know that anti-gravity 'mules' are common, and there's references from the show of 'rollers' as combat vehicles, and ground attack aircraft were used in the first episode.

The Firefly RPG gives a bit more detail but not much...

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Hertsblue

Back to the grindstone after a fortnight bobbing around the Baltic. Soon as the world steadies down I shall pick up the old Dulux roller again.  :-&
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Nosher

Made a start on the final eight 28mm Late war Germans before the impending arrival of 'reinforcements' ;)

Managed to make a start on 14 bases of Winged Hussars for my 10mm Polish/Lithuanian army which is coming on very nicely.

Still haven't found time to base my SCW for A World Aflame but am thinking of hanging off a while on this mini-project so I can concentrate on Bolt Action, the Polish and the Arthurians.

I am finding that having a few different projects on the go in different scales is breaking some of the tedious rigmarole of painting

Frank Carson

Steve J

QuoteI am finding that having a few different projects on the go in different scales is breaking some of the tedious rigmarole of painting

I agree Nosher. I have postponed any painting due to the aforementioned family stuff that naturally takes priority. However I have managed to finish off a few scenery projects that have been hanging around over the past few months. Tonight I've almost completed 9 hedge sections, bar the flocking that will be done tomorrow.

Even though I haven't been able to fit in the painting of my Fallschirmjager, at least I have been doing some wargames stuff which is good.