Previous topic - Next topic

ronan

singing : "Leon in the Sky with Diamonds"
:D

FierceKitty

Quote from: ronan on 19 September 2012, 06:18:27 PM
singing : "Leon in the Sky with Diamonds"
Salman Rushdie confesses that in his youth he thought the line was "The girl with colitis goes by".
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Last night- I mostly painted cockades!  :o :o
Mad I know on 10mm, but the red and white ones on the Hessians stand out!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: FierceKitty on 20 September 2012, 02:49:38 AM
Salman Rushdie confesses that in his youth he thought the line was "The girl with colitis goes by".

Now that's one worth a thread of its own.
Favourite misheard lyrics !
Cheers - Phil.

Nosher

I always chuckle when a friends son (whilst playing on the PS) was asked what he was playing by Grandad and he said 'My favourite daughter'. Puzzled my friends father picked up the box and it was Grand Theft Auto...

Say it to yourself and you'll see what I mean.

In his defence the boy was only five and was just learning to read.

And before the PC brigade turn up and declare disgust, we are talking the very first version of GTA, without the swearing etc.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

FierceKitty

Quote from: Techno on 20 September 2012, 08:16:23 AM
Now that's one worth a thread of its own.
Favourite misheard lyrics !
Cheers - Phil.
Like the child at Sunday school trying to draw "Round John Virgin" on a Chirstmas card.

nikharwood

A colleague of mine, whose mother is 90+, once asked her, "Whose socks are these?" to which she responded, "A Greek philosopher, dear."

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Luddite on 19 September 2012, 02:32:23 PM
Phew!  Its good to see we're all motoring along nicely!   :-bd =D> :-bd

Absolutely: all 10 pixie hats painted now!!  :D
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 19 September 2012, 05:39:17 PM

8-}

Hmm, that is kind of how I see the world these days!  @-)

Although I put it down to a mix of sleep-deprivation and Tamiya paint fumes... =P~ 8-} I-)

:-$ ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Nosher

Arthurians undercoated and six more Bolt Action 28mm Late war Germans finished :)

Also received notification that I should be expecting to hear a 'Pendraken Thud' on my doormat tommorow so hopefully I will also get the recent SCW purchases based up and undercoated at the weekend :-bd

The wife gets back Sunday night/early hours of monday, so trying to cram in as much as I physically can which will hopefully include a Hail Caesar or SAGA game one night this weekend.

Probably wont get much done tommorow given England's T20 opener against the mighty Afghanistan gets underway and tommorow night Leeds Rhinos take on Cataln in a sudden death play-off in Super League.

Oh and I also have a weeks worth of ironing to get through X_X
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Made good progress on my Fallschirmjager with all the bases for the Battalion plus support painted. Fingers crossed tomorrow I will get onto the figures.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Nosher on 20 September 2012, 07:41:29 PM
Arthurians undercoated and six more Bolt Action 28mm Late war Germans finished :)

The Saxons had bolt-action rifles at Badon Hill? That wasn't in Monty Python!

Nosher

Quote from: FierceKitty on 21 September 2012, 03:09:39 AM
The Saxons had bolt-action rifles at Badon Hill? That wasn't in Monty Python!

There's nothing in the rules that says I can't take them as an option..... ;D

'Peace through superior firepower' ;)

Frank Carson