'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

So, artillery base coated and ink washed, blanket rolls on all Hessians done. Artillery highlights and Brass and bronze next fixtures and fittings (hilts, chin straps, helm crests etc) on the division next...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

13th Bengal Lancers ready for the invasion of Abyssinia.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Glad to see you are all making nice progress on your projects, and we are only half-way through September 8).

Matt J

almost finished 4 units of Norman infantry for Hastings, just a few shields left to do and basing. Pics on the painting diary soon (first painting since May - summer bad time for painting  :()
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

mijalo

10mm
-WW2 BEF/Operation Sealion British
-WW1BEF Naval Division infantry (just snipping the peaks off the caps)
-Later Roman/British Civitates militia
-Sengokujidai sashimono  :'(
15mm
-British and Spanish Peninsular War infantry, artillery and commanders (AB MIniatures)
28mm
-Early Dark Ages (Kingdom of Bryneich) (mix of gripping Beast, Artizan, etc)

Steve J

Finished my 2mm ECW Parliamentarian force this evening. Hope to take some pics and bung them on my blog before starting on my next project which is likely to be some Fallschirmjager for use in a variety theatres, including some WW2.5 stuff.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Got distracted by a pair of 15mm PAK36s that I needed for tomorrow night  >:(, but I have got all the bronze and brass work done on my Hessian Prussians last night! Hoping to get them based over the weekend...  :-\
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

Managed to finish 8 stands of LH and 4 of standard Cossack Cavalry for my Polish/Lithuanian Commonwealth forces. Now started on 12 bases of Pancerni.

Cleaned and prepped my Arthurians ready for basing today and cleaned anmd prepped my SCW which are awaiting bases.

Made up, based and painted some 28mm wattle and daub fences for SAGA and have prepped based and undercoated 25x 28mm Bolt Action Commando's and an Sdkfz 251. today I am hoping to clean and prep for basing a huge Nap austrian army ready for basing and the remainder of some Nap french I bought a while ago.

Marathon week this week with the wife away on a girly break with mates in Spain. Taking full advantage ;) ;) ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

For the rest of September I have set myself the target of getting one Battalion of Fallschirmjagers (inc commands, support etc) finished. So far I have made a good start with them all based and primed. Hope to have all the bases painted by the end of the week so that I can start on uniforms etc.

O Dinas Powys

I've 95% finished a mega-mushroom; base-coated 2 others; and painted 6 pixie hats... ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Nosher

Finished the 12 stands of Pancerni and based the Arthurians ready for undercoating tommorow.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Luddite

Phew!  Its good to see we're all motoring along nicely!   :-bd =D> :-bd
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nosher

I'll have a large one of whatever young leon has been smoking... ;)

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nosher,
According to my dad, you don't smoke 'shrooms!
Never tried myself.
But if you think I'm mad, you should meet the old man!!!!