'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 August 2012, 09:02:37 AM
Notice your using both Nosher - any preference?  :-\

Dux Britannairum didn't arrive before I buggered off on holiday but is waiting for me when I get back :D Have read Bellorum cover to cover and it looks simple enough to play
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

GordonY

"Have read Bellorum cover to cover and it looks simple enough to play"

Yeah but with the campaign aspect I think Brittaniarum will have a lot more replay value.

But just like Nosher I bought both, mainly as Bellorum was advertised as "big battle", its not really, as if you used the recommended figures/base sizes you'd end up with a Welsh "army" of less than 2 dozen figures.

Steve J

Now this is exactly the sort of article that distracts me from the task in hand, which is the reason I set up this post in an attempt to keep me on the straight and narrow. Well worth a read though.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3451

nikharwood

Quote from: Steve J on 30 August 2012, 08:42:23 PM
Now this is exactly the sort of article that distracts me from the task in hand, which is the reason I set up this post in an attempt to keep me on the straight and narrow. Well worth a read though.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3451

Biffer - you are hopeless ;) :D

Would you like me to send the nurse?  :d

(it is an interesting article though!)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bellorum is looking good for my Late Romans, especially as they have no-one to fight against at the mo. They'll easily stretch to Later roman vs SubRomans.  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Well, the deadline of Saturday night of getting stuff finished for Colours has certainly focussed my mind of late. Normally I would have been flitting between projects and idea but not really making any progress on anything. So it has been rather nice to stay on a single project for the last week or so.

So far I have managed the following:

- Re-base and paint 1 x CO, 6 x HQ, 3 x Recce and 1 x FAO units for BKCII. These just need a wash of Devlin Mud and flocking and they are done.
- Put the scenario together for the demo game, plus come up with the lists for the various battlegroups involved. Only a few minor things left to do on these such as type up reference sheets for each battlegroup.
- Make and paint enough dug-in markers for two battalions worth of infantry plus support units, probably around 40 pieces all told. These just need to be flocked along with the above and they are done.

So all told not a bad effort in my terms, which is good, and one reason for setting up this post. It does keep me on track.

Nosher

Quote from: Nosher on 29 August 2012, 09:01:29 AM
September -finish my Saga Scots.

Not sure after that but will probably be buying the figures to round out my SAGA figures for Dux Bellorum/Dux Brittaniarum

Funny how quick my mind changes tack...

Painted in the last few evenings:

• Three 28mm MG34 crews for a bolt action game this friday evening

• 1x Command stand, 4 noble stands, 3 warrior stands, 1 fanatic stand and four skirmisher stands for Dux Bellorum and a Viking Sea Raider Army in 10mm

Not a 28mm Scot in sight!

Worked up 'must have' lists for Dux Bellorum/Brittaniariium, A World Aflame SCW and the remainder of my FoG Austrians. Just putting final touches to lists and making sure I have enough money to pay for it all!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Flesh & was on a division of 1870 last Friday, but back to school this week, so effectively zip all painting done (and I'm at Colours all weekend, so not much chance of anything getting done either)!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

Finished my SAGA 'Vikings' which were masquerading as sweaty socks (Jocks/Scots). :)

Next up??

Not entirely sure. :-\ Need to review my to do list and pick something that appeals although I have been 'distracted' by Bolt Action which is a good giggle to play. Might dig out those Artizan Late War Germans that have been hiding under the bed 8)

Frank Carson

Steve J

Now that Colours is out of the way, time to get on with my 2mm ECW stuff as promised. A quick check reveals some cavalry and artillery to be painted, followed by some scenery and a base board. After that I will see what next takes my fancy this month.

Colours pics and AAR to be posted some time soon with luck.

TinyTerrain

So far, so good, my 10mm late WW2 British force are finished (BKC 2000 points) so this week will be 10mm AVBCW BUF cavalry and Anglican League.

Pics to follow of the completed Brits in a day or 2 when back home.

Cheers

Craig
Tiny Terrain Models
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Zulus completed, on schedule. Amandla!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Hertsblue

Brigade Fragnern complete - which rounds out the Austrian component of the anti-Prussian axis.

Jap 47mm AT guns almost ready - much good may it do 'em!
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Nosher

Quote from: Nosher on 09 September 2012, 05:38:43 PM
Finished my SAGA 'Vikings' which were masquerading as sweaty socks (Jocks/Scots). :)

Next up??

Not entirely sure. :-\ Need to review my to do list and pick something that appeals although I have been 'distracted' by Bolt Action which is a good giggle to play. Might dig out those Artizan Late War Germans that have been hiding under the bed 8)

Made my decision...

In September to December I am aiming to complete three projects which I'll have all on the go at once - variety being the spice of life and all that :D

1.  Late War Krauts for Bolt Action in 28mm. I have promised myself that I will finish the 20 figures I currently own BEFORE buying any reinforcements...

2.  Make a start on my Polish/Lithuanian Commonwealth FoG (R) collection in 10mm. Hopefully this will be my Pendraken Painting Competition entry in 2013 ;)

3.  Wait for a big thud on the doormat before kicking off with some Arthurian Brits in 10mm for 'Dvx Brittanarivm'

Frank Carson

FierceKitty

Fuzzy-Wuzzy camel-riders now successfully put together. It can be done, gentlemen.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.