'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Finished off basing my Imagi-Nations cavalry this morning. Still not sure if I need a few more units or not. Late on another couple of infantry units to be based to round out one force.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mum was down from Shropshire this weekend, so not much done, just need to flock the next three units of Picts, and started and finished 8 epic rhino tanks and two dreadnoughts this weekend. Might actually get a game of epic in a couple of weeks!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Painting mojo gone South this past week :(. However a game of BKCII on Saturday sees me doing a few minor conversions this morning before some priming and painting this evening :). After a long break it feels good to be planning a game with tanks!

Steve J

Base colour applied followed by wash as planned :).

Techno

First thing, this morning, will be to go outside to the freezer...(Maybe I'd better get dressed first)..... to recover the 30mm green that's been sitting in a little plastic box overnight.  :D

Then I can get straight on with putting in the creases in his 'jeans'.

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Please reassure us that you meant to leave him there?

Also it's part of your sculpting process and not "to make him sorry for having uncreased jeans"?

I didn't realise that Aztecs were a) so tall and b) wore denim.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Flock and scatter last night, many, many tufts and flags to do tonight (mojo, what mojo)!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 15 November 2016, 07:33:51 AM
Please reassure us that you meant to leave him there?

Ho, Yus, Nobby !

It was too late to continue working on him last night.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

2 Daimlers Scout Cars and 2 Bren carriers all done bar some weathering and a coat of lacquer.

Nosher

Assembled Oddball's tank for my games of BA & CoC.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Four stands of epic assault marines painted tonight.

Steve J

After the weekends game of BKCII, I dug out my half finished Fallschirmjager to try and finish today. They've been in the loft for simply ages, so long in fact that I can't remember why I didn't finish them off :D. Fingers crossed good progress today once daughter is out of the kitchen ('my' painting space) and I'm certainly in the painting mood as it's lashing it down outside. Glad I didn't have to cycle to work today.

Steve J

Good progress so far with core of the Battalion completed, bar flocking and lacquer. Moved onto support and command untis plus armoured support. Happy days :). Oh and it's still peeing it down outside.

OldenBUA

Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Techno

Wondered where one of the figures I'm currently working on had b'd off to......Then remembered I'd put in the freezer, late yesterday morning !  X_X 8-}

Cheers - Phil