'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Can we bear this any longer. Don't go down the woods today FK.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Leman on 02 November 2016, 08:10:26 AM
Whilst you lot are frolicking around in some C18th wonderland, I was being introduced to the C19th Francescan navy, about to be set upon by the sea power of the Brittanic Empire, as it comes to the rescue of the blockaded city of Antwerp (can't remember what the name of the state is, but it is an amalgam of the Netherlands and Belgian Flanders - Belgium does not exist). The Brittanics have decided that, although they would quite like control of Antwerp, they would much rather it was free than controlled by Francesca.

For more info see:

www.thewargamer.org

Those are fun!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

A number of signs for important town buildings have just been assembled by the wife, who knows tricks with a word processor that I can only dream of. Torn between calling the place Dead Man's Knees, Wentworth City, East Clintwood (not my own), and No Name Kitty.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Forgot to spray varnish the latest batch of figures before it got too cold, so painted four stands of Epic Marine devastators instead of sand and pva time, whilst watching The Last Leg and Later.

Huge batch of epic arrived today, all for £20, I have enough to basically do 4000 points on Marines now, maybe. ;D
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

FierceKitty

Quote from: FierceKitty on 02 November 2016, 08:03:24 AM
Actually a range of SYW teddy bears would look quite cute....

Though they really shouldn't have colours.

Steve J

Half way through basing a load of cavalry to see what I've actually got and of course whether I need any more ;) :D

Ithoriel

Quote from: FierceKitty on 02 November 2016, 08:03:24 AM
Actually a range of SYW teddy bears would look quite cute....

Shouldn't it be the AWI and the struggle for the god-given right to arm bears :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases inked, and two epic dreadnoughts base coarted and inked.

Techno

I was nearly going 'mental' last night, trying to figure out how to quickly move the revamped Sam Apes' tiggers' tails, for a bit of variation.

Tried using the Dremmel, with the tiniest headed burr, to start with, to 'cut' between the end of the tail and the base. (The tail on the original shifted a tiny tad in the mould, which made things rather difficult for quick changes.)
Burr clogged up SO quickly, I had to keep stopping and cleaning the burr.....Took the best part of half an hour.....And there are 15 to do. X_X X_X X_X

After a lot of fiddling about with the jeweler's saw, I managed to get the blade into a good position to cut under the tip of the tail.....Though I really wanted 3 hands to do this.
Thankfully it worked....and was a lot quicker.

I can face doing the rest now !  ;)

Cheers - Phil

fsn

It's a glamorous life, isn't it Techno?

Docking Samurai Apes.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

X_X

I was wondering why I was getting chest pains, at work, early this morning.

Then I realised it was because I was pushing the handle of the piercing saw hard into my chest, while tightening the blade.
I really DO need a third hand/arm.

(You'd understand if you could see what I'm having to do.)  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nosher

Quote from: Techno on 09 November 2016, 08:38:48 AM
X_X

I was wondering why I was getting chest pains, at work, early this morning.

Then I realised it was because I was pushing the handle of the piercing saw hard into my chest, while tightening the blade.
I really DO need a third hand/arm.

(You'd understand if you could see what I'm having to do.)  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Did someone mention Chest Pain :d :d :d :d Do I get to jump up and down on you and jump start things with my slave leads :ar!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson