'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Quote from: FierceKitty on 31 October 2016, 12:46:36 PM
Has to be that way. Wild West done in realistic terms would be utterly dull. Do you know the average annual homicide rate in Dodge City at the height of its fame was .6 per annum?
60% of people getting killed every year is rather a lot.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll take your word for that, Nobby......Especially as you deal with statistics.  :-\

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Finished of a unit of Militia for my one of Imagi-Nations forces.

Nosher

Quote from: Steve J on 31 October 2016, 08:58:26 PM
Finished of a unit of Militia for my one of Imagi-Nations forces.

Dont tell FK :)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: fsn on 31 October 2016, 04:09:49 PM
Quote from: FierceKitty on 31 October 2016, 12:46:36 PM
Has to be that way. Wild West done in realistic terms would be utterly dull. Do you know the average annual homicide rate in Dodge City at the height of its fame was .6 per annum?

60% of people getting killed every year is rather a lot.

:-B

=D> ;) :-bd
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Steve J

Another unit for my Imagi-Nations half painted this evening. I find an hour is long enough before my shaky arm starts causing problems.

FierceKitty

02 November 2016, 02:09:55 AM #2829 Last Edit: 02 November 2016, 02:20:56 AM by FierceKitty
Quote from: Steve J on 01 November 2016, 08:08:08 PM
Another unit for my Imagi-Nations half painted this evening. I find an hour is long enough before my shaky arm starts causing problems.

You can always rationalise careless painting..."Freiherrbaron von und zu Lebewohl ordered in 1710 that, in memory of his beloved daughter Tilde, Graefin von Preussenfresser, and her success in routing a party of foraging Hungarians by dressing her teddy bears in grenadier costumes and shouting "Bang! Bang", learned from bootlegged and timewarped Nancy Sinatra records, his fusiliers should on Fridays paint half their faces blue and have boots and gaiters reaching variously from their ankles to their groins, at individual choice."

Imagi-nations...bah!

FierceKitty

Tilde's own untimely death during an epidemic of Lebensraum of course precipitated the ruinous War of the Dummkopf Succession. Klostermann's commemorative Sonata for six kettledrums remains his most justly neglected work. A post-mortem portrait of Tilde is said to lie at the bottom of Lake Schadenfreud.

Steve J

Prepped some Hussars for basing tonight. Whether they are going to be the Hungarian foragers as mentioned by FK remains to be seen... ;) :D

FierceKitty

02 November 2016, 08:03:24 AM #2832 Last Edit: 02 November 2016, 08:08:57 AM by FierceKitty
Actually a range of SYW teddy bears would look quite cute....

Leman

Whilst you lot are frolicking around in some C18th wonderland, I was being introduced to the C19th Francescan navy, about to be set upon by the sea power of the Brittanic Empire, as it comes to the rescue of the blockaded city of Antwerp (can't remember what the name of the state is, but it is an amalgam of the Netherlands and Belgian Flanders - Belgium does not exist). The Brittanics have decided that, although they would quite like control of Antwerp, they would much rather it was free than controlled by Francesca.

For more info see:

www.thewargamer.org
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Or, close to my current project....