'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Poles bases inked
Romans tunics and trousers highlighted (apart from the Legion, my little one woke up at that point)!s
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

First day of the school holidays proper for us yesterday, so thought we'd have a quiet day  X_X

Started by taking the horde for a trip to the library to sign up for the annual reading challenge  O:-)  :-B

They've had a rearrange so the craft books are no in front of the entrance and this was my elder son's first choice  :D

Later, whilst he was of with my younger daughter engaging in Nerf battles and other mayhem with the local sprog-gangs, my younger son decided he wanted to get crafty with one of his birthday presents.  Okay, so it's not really war-gaming, but it IS a dinosaur, so therefore officially cool  8)

Elder son returned - having suffered a gun-related injury :'( - and post tears he decided it was time to slap some pain on the Ainsty Castings Hammers Slammers Command Car we picked up at the local Valkyrie show in Farnborough on father's day (our first all-family show, a VERY proud moment in any war-gamer's life 8-> )

So, younger son was inspired to grab the Ainsty Castings Lion Statue he got at the same time...

Meanwhile, I managed to spray prime the Fieldworks Ruined Church I got from Nik; some Pendraken Landsknecht pikemen; a small Ainsty Castings dungeon room and pair of Hammers Slammers Combat Cars; and some really old resin pillars I found in a box whilst hunting for primer!

So, all-in-all, a successful start to the holidays  :-bd

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Brilliant, Meirion, looks like all concerned had a good time.

Memories of days gone by for me.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

paulr

:) :) :)

Well done that family  =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

New Dremel (3000 series) to replace the last one arrived today...Huzzah.  :-bd

What I don't remember, from the previous 3000, is getting such a hopeless selection of accessories for working on the wee men.  =)
I'm sure there was a much more useful set of burrs etc that came with the last one......Not everything, for sure.....But there were a few extra items ?  :-\

(Doesn't really matter, as I've really got all I need already.)

Maybe I'm thinking of the accessories that came with the really old Dremel (Model 395 ?....2000 series ?)..Which has been fine as a stand in, for a couple of days....Just a bit of a pain changing the burrs, as the locking plug for the chuck is awol......means a little bit of faffing about when changing things over.

I'll keep the old 3000 for potential spares...Maybe have another go at taking it further apart, and see if I CAN find a load of crud right in the middle of the motor itself.

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Mrs T has the emergency services on speed dial, doesn't she?

:(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Red done on legionaries and cavalry. Leather and woodwork painted and inked on all 25 Roman bases.  :-B @-) 8-}

FierceKitty

Strange plumes which I hadn't previously noticed on SYW Prussian hussars duly clipped and filed off; but progress of the von Ruesch regiment was thus somewhat delayed yestere'en.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 26 July 2016, 09:02:51 PM
Mrs T has the emergency services on speed dial, doesn't she?  :(

'Course not.......We have a direct line.  :D

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Szekely hussars now on the workbench. Wondering how to pronounce the name....

Leman

Langensalza played at last. As per I lost.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fsn

Quote from: FierceKitty on 27 July 2016, 07:15:09 AM
Szekely hussars now on the workbench. Wondering how to pronounce the name....

I know what you mean. Is it "who-tsars" or "huss-sars"?  :-\
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty