'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Total write off today !  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Last night to six this morning,,,,over at the hospital with the MIL.  X_X (There wasn't anything really wrong at all, that required a visit to A & E.....Just 'Drama Queening' by the MIL......The Doc and nurses had her sussed...But still had to waste their time...... >:()

No sleep for either Mrs T or I.......Checked all the animals very early because of this. and found a 'dumped' small collie bitch, hanging around Techno Towers.
Checked with 'the Authorities' to see if anyone had lost it....Nope !

Took said collie to vets to see if she was OK...(Yes).....Was she chipped (Of course not.  =))

If nobody claims her within a month, we'll get her chipped , spayed......and keep her here.
Think she's a  'middle aged' puppy farm dog ...past her sell by date.

Sweetest animal you could imagine. (You'd think we'd owned her for years, the way she behaves towards us already....And the labs...Though we're keeping them apart most of the time, just at the mo'.)

I get SO ****ing angry how some people misuse animals.

I hope I get some decent sleep tonight.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 24 May 2016, 09:02:50 PM
Does this mean the Dragonmen are finished? Any pics Leon?

There's been some delays on those due to our moulding queue, completely our fault there.  The new Dragonmen are using larger horse dollies and we've not been able to get them moulded and sent down to Phil for him to work them into the final sculpts.  I'm going to pin Dave down and get those done over this weekend hopefully and then we can send them down to Phil.  The rest of the range is pretty much done I think.

The Dragonmen are definitely going to be worth the wait though, they're fantastic sculpts and I think people are really going to like them.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

far4ngn

I found some 6mm Baccus unpainted in the lead pile, so these are being painted in my imagi-nation 7YW colours... haven't painted 6mm for a long
time.

In 10mm I'm close to finishing my Pendraken Zombies and the unpainted pile of AWI is slowly reducing, so need to finally decide on what period next :).  I'd love to do Darkest Africa or similar in 10mm or it'll something 1880-1910...possibly just before WW1.

Steve J

Primed an RDF force for KR-16. Happy with the new basing grit which works much better for these 6mm figures. Trouble is it means I may need to re-base my Junkers :(

Subedai

About half way through a unit of Pendraken Cossack axe armed infantry for the Polish.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Nosher

Productive morning prepping sabot bases for SP2, cleaning up some Blue Moon Woodland Indians and Colonial Civilians also for SP2 and cutting up some felt squares to make roads, streams, rivers, lakes/ponds, woodland bases and ploughed fields for BBB.

Then its off to work for the first of two night shifts on a bank holiday weekend....... :(
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Techno

Packed up a box, of lots of little boxes, with hundreds of wee men inside.....(Though I still need to bulk it out with some newspaper.)........

In readiness to send it off to Leon next week.

Thought I ought to check what I need to insure it for............. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o. !!!!
Think I'll do consequential loss, as well.

So (probably Wednesday).....All the Dark Elves, and all but one code of the dragon men.....Plus 3 new (revamped) little dragons.....Plus a little project for Dave, will be winging their way to Pendraken Towers.

Hope there are a lot of spare moulds up there.  ;)

Cheers - Phil (Who will be fretting, once the box is en route, until he knows the it has arrived safely.)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

;) Should be safe enough so long as none of the models are of sheep.....

Well it is passing through Wales

IanS  ;D ;D :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Subedai

Quote from: Techno on 29 May 2016, 03:16:54 PM
Packed up a box, of lots of little boxes, with hundreds of wee men inside.....(Though I still need to bulk it out with some newspaper.)........

In readiness to send it off to Leon next week.

Thought I ought to check what I need to insure it for............. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o. !!!!
Think I'll do consequential loss, as well.

So (probably Wednesday).....All the Dark Elves, and all but one code of the dragon men.....Plus 3 new (revamped) little dragons.....Plus a little project for Dave, will be winging their way to Pendraken Towers.

Hope there are a lot of spare moulds up there.  ;)

Cheers - Phil (Who will be fretting, once the box is en route, until he knows the it has arrived safely.)

Psst. Any armoured horses for the Mongols?

Just asking.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Quote from: Subedai on 29 May 2016, 03:56:06 PM
Psst. Any armoured horses for the Mongols? Just asking.MickS

You'll have to keep bullying Leon, Mick.

I only make what I'm told to...... ;)

Cheers - Phil (I'm sure I'll be asked sometime.)

Steve J

No real stuff of late as I've been outside enjoying the glorious weather of late. At least I have been collecting interesting bits'n'bobs for my KR-16 terrain for Blast-Tastic in November.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

As well as the Pucts, there are two samurai generals bases, many extras for my Later Imperial Romans and four bases of Cossack heavy cavalry for my Renaissance Poles all prepared, undercoated and ready to go.
I hate those ten minutes where I'm meant to be writing reports and I find a distraction... Squirrel!!!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Based up some more AWI figures for use with HoW as we are planning a narrative campaign sometime in September. A deadline always helps focus the mind :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Assembled a stand of Polish-Lithuanian dragoons and another stand of Picts with spears, but more importantly I've managed to write 20/26 school reports since Saturday!  :-B @-) (:| Will get a few other bases flocked tonight.