'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Whilst superglue drying, I've made a start on converting a pair of Valom Albatross DV/DVa plastic kits into a fictional Bristol marque airplane. Just like being a kid again :D

Leman

Marshland and woodland done. Just finished adding paster to the bases of the two final brigades, plus the base representing one of the Langensalza outskirts, which I have modelled as a farm with ploughed fields and a copse.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Subedai

Quote from: Leman on 30 March 2016, 03:37:52 PM
Marshland and woodland done. Just finished adding paster to the bases of the two final brigades, plus the base representing one of the Langensalza outskirts, which I have modelled as a farm with ploughed fields and a copse.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of all this 2mm.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Pikes done apart from basing and flags. 24 cavalry to finish...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Hi Sub, I'm reckoning on playing the actual game at the end of April. I'm very tempted to put up some more wips but will hold fire so it creates the right impression, but it's nice to have seven of the 9 main units now complete and about half the terrain done. Probably done myself no favours in the short term going for MDF and plaster hills, but once they're done they should last for years. Even now I'm thinking: Michael's 3mm Italian stuff with some Austrians in line and Frenchies for Montebello. Got the figures, just need to paint.

Subedai

30 March 2016, 07:13:03 PM #2210 Last Edit: 30 March 2016, 07:15:23 PM by Subedai
I agree. Give us the big hit when it's all done and undoubtedly looking the dogs.

So what will that be for your 19th C armies? 2mm, 3mm, 6mm, 10mm, 15mm...anything I've missed out?   :)
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Got a box of plastic Prussians and one of French, both 1870, in 54mm - made in the Ukraine. Want to make a diorama for display in my room.

Matt J

Managed to get some painting done.
The eclectic mix currently on the table. Lots of bits and bobs nearly finished

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

With some relief my last two units for Saturday are finished. Bases sanded/pva'd too! Phew

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Interesting mix there...

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Leman

Are some of those figures American football players? They look suitably beefy.

toxicpixie

I think your cameraman needs less coffee, more tripod, but impressive output none the less :D

Now wait for them to get utterly trounced on the weekend, as is the way of all nicely painted newly readied lead ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

On the box is 25mm Hernando Cortez, for a friend. In the box is a minion and two Lego Tudor queens! Just need another 4 for Henry!

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021