'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Because FK always moans at the lack of punctuation, so occasionally I add extra to even up...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Sounds like the approach of many of my....well, to use the official but inaccurate term, students.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Students! Now there is a much abused term. When I was a schoolteacher I hated my pupils being referred to as students as the majority couldn't have given a fig about studying anything.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Bought a terribly glittery Chinese pagoda in resin at JJ market today. It won't know what hit it by the time I've finished carrying out my plans. I've already sawn off a heavy pedestal (no easy job, especially trying not to inhale resin dust).

Steve J

Well my painting mojo has returned a bit now that work has eased off to a manageable level. The past few days I have:

- Finished off assembling some 1/144th scale aircraft and gliders for AVBCW, SCW & WWII.
- Carried on painting some Trolls for Dragon Rampant.
- Added a wash to some vehicles for my AVBCW forces in anticipation of a game over Easter.

Not much but at least it's a start :)

Subedai

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Womble67

I've finished my British AWI, pictures to fellow shortly.  however I've now side tracked and started some sci fi armoured marines

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

44 bases edged and pva washed tonight. Hopefully get them flocked tomorrow. Also got some highlights on the pikes. :)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

44 bases! Not doing things by halfs are you!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leman

Received a mass of road/river sections from Supreme Littleness to populate the 2mm Langensalza battlefield. Laid out the road network last night to determine what needed painting immediately. Also received a selection of thicker round and oval bases to use for creating hills, woods and marshland.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: fred. on 23 March 2016, 07:37:39 AM
44 bases! Not doing things by halfs are you!

Mostly caused by the weather being too naff to varnish for three weeks in February, left me with an awful backlog. :(

Westmarcher

Slight derailment to the current painting project. Turned up at my "back-up"* Hobby shop today and ..... it was shut, no longer trading, deceased!  :'(
I then went to my favourite art store - also shut, ceased trading, deceased!  :o

Oh well, at least there's Pendraken. One order coming up, Leon.

* (my "first choice" shop ceased trading about 18 months ago)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those 44 bases were flocked, scattered and clumped tonight.
Just 6 unit flags and three name labels to add; then magnetic and final varnish. 8)

Techno

The 30 variants of the Dragon Men men at arms archers nearing completion. :)

Also just started working on the mounted figures for the Dragon Men, using the new fantasy horse dolly.
(Two for the command.....Three 'super dollies' for the knights.)

Must check what the knights are supposed to be armed with !!!!!.....All lances ?......Or various weapons ?

Having to tweak the horse slightly (with the dremmel)........I made its 'bum' a tad too wide. Just enough to make it appear noticeably bigger than the 'elven' horsey....Though, height wise, it seemed about spot on.   =)

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Pagoda is complete, and looks quite nifty too.