'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Four extra foot bases, command for archers and last two stands of demi lancers done.
Now just 6 stands of cavalry and 12 stands of pikes to do before the 2nd of April! Oh, and a truck load of basing! ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Looking damn fine, Will !  8)
Cheers - Phil

fred.

More stripey lances!

This is going to be a big army!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

toxicpixie

They're nice, Will - however you've done the armour it really pops without looking like chrome bumpers :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Subedai

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: toxicpixie on 17 March 2016, 09:33:50 AM
They're nice, Will - however you've done the armour it really pops without looking like chrome bumpers :D
Thank you  :-[
Humbrol steel, black wash, odd highlight here and there of steel, odd bit of bronze to lift details.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Cracking, it's really worked :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

44 bases sanded and pva'd took about two and a half hours!

paulr

Is that their reward for doing well in their first game ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Quote from: paulr on 19 March 2016, 02:23:22 AM

?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

19 March 2016, 06:46:44 AM #2170 Last Edit: 19 March 2016, 07:59:53 AM by mad lemmey
Quote from: paulr on 19 March 2016, 02:23:22 AM
If I worked like that, it would mean if they'd failed, they would be stuck on white bases for all eternity- and all my armies would be unbased ! ;D

Leman

Having just walked Flodden, and visited the Scots gun platforms on Flodden Hill, I am really enjoying seeing this army develop. Also picked up a copy of Niall Barr's Flodden 1513 in Alnwick's famous Barter's Bookshop.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just had to drill out and replace 5 lancers lances  :'(
Also sorted base coats on 90+ pikes. Armoured base coats and inks tonight, hopefully, plus ink on bases I sorted last night. :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

6th Lance popped, new pin drilled instead.  :'(

Bases inked.

28mm Wargames Illustrated  M'onte'zu'm'a base coated, based and inked for a friend, FK m'igh,t enjoy it. Co'rt:es to do later.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!