'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

It's his mum, not his mother-in-law.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Actually, my mother-in-law is amazing, helpful, spends a lot of time with the kids, utterly generous, very understanding and hilarious.
My mother is a pain!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Oh well, I based my comment on my own experience. Bad luck old chap.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

O Dinas Powys

I find my mother is like having a fifth sprogg in the house AND she winds my wife up no end!  :'(

;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

FierceKitty

My mother-in-law compensates for our lack of a common language by always taking us out to a lavish Chinese-Thai dinner when we meet. Could be worse....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Tudor Archers finished, minus command section.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Current free time spent sorting out post 16 education for son and looking at University stuff for daughter :(. After that no time or energy for painting :'(

fsn

Am I the only one who gets distracted by the newspaper?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

No, Nobby.

Just about to start on another Dragonmen 'code' (Men at arms archers)......Been doing some new rhino's for Warband,,,,A few more Aztecs....And a couple of other projects that have given my eyes a bit of a rest.  ;)
Cheers - Phil

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: fsn on 15 March 2016, 07:46:01 AM
Am I the only one who gets distracted by the newspaper?

Ah, Tweed perfume!

I think my mum racked up about four years of Christmases/Birthdays in succession with that as the present of choice when I too was about 10!  Unlike sensible Granny Marge in the article, I suspect I shall be disposing of about 5 litres of the stuff when the time comes...  =)

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 15 March 2016, 10:04:20 AM
Ah, Tweed perfume!

I think my mum racked up about four years of Christmases/Birthdays in succession with that as the present of choice when I too was about 10!  Unlike sensible Granny Marge in the article, I suspect I shall be disposing of about 5 litres of the stuff when the time comes...  =)

Cripes, that felt a tad morbid posting that  :-<

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Missing four stands of retinue billmen and two stands of lancers, plus the missing command figures for the archers I finished yesterday have been base coated and inked tonight.
14 different colours, three shades of ink. Yes, I'm that sad I counted!  :-B :-h

FierceKitty

Quote from: Techno on 15 March 2016, 08:43:08 AM
...A few more Aztecs....
Cheers - Phil

You mean lot, don't you?

Techno

If you count one, two, many, lots.......Yeah !  :)

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

We are actually having leeks as part of dinner this evening. No mutton, admittedly, but I refuse to believe a wise and cultivated people like the Welsh eat mutton by choice.