'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Started assembling a couple of DFS 230A gliders to go with my Fallschirmjager. Really hoping that this might kick start some painting again... :-\

Leman

Laid out the table for Langensalza so that I could see exactly what needs painting for making (need to make some connectors for river to stream, and also some sort of 2mm road system). May well take some ideas form the Altar of Freedom website.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Started painting some L3/35s flamethrowers that have been converted to become Solothurn equipped ones. Trying to add some extra firepower to my Italians for AVBCW, SCW and WWII.

Subedai

Quote from: Leman on 29 February 2016, 02:54:55 PM
Laid out the table for Langensalza so that I could see exactly what needs painting for making (need to make some connectors for river to stream, and also some sort of 2mm road system). May well take some ideas form the Altar of Freedom website.

Depending on how pernickity you are, strips of glass paper make good tracks or early roads. You might need to use a dab of blue-tac underneath to stop them moving around though.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Details on one unit, repainted on another (can't find any evidence of blue in The Earl of Surrey's coat of arms for his retinue)!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Thanks Sub. At present I'm thinking of using some shrunk down Toschach roads on platicard. Will look at blutack or that grippy stuff stuck to the bottom of sections.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

DFS 230A gliders all assembled, ready for a hole to be drilled for them when 'in flight'.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Progress on the army's elite, Three generals, Yeoman Guard, Earl of Surrey's retinue (only half the unit), King's Gentlemen Retainers (mounted), more artillery (2nd half of the unit), demi lancers (only half the unit). More average bills and bows in the background.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Is it me ?......Or is Henry putting on even more weight ?

Looking good, Will !  8)

Cheers - Phil

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 02 March 2016, 07:11:41 AM
Is it me ?......Or is Henry putting on even more weight ?

Looking good, Will !  8)

Cheers - Phil

Acrylic is a very fattening medium...  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Almost finished a couple of sci-if walker reinforces that arrived too late from the stygian depths of the outer system for the painting competition and base-coated my resin bridge  :)

Trying to keep a bit of painting momentum going rather than let real-life dissipate it all as happened last year  8->

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

FierceKitty

Working on a handful of Venetian and Spanish stuff for my Pavia armies.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Subedai

Made a tentative start on my  latest project, Polish Renaissance, the Pendraken figures are rather tasty.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Subedai on 02 March 2016, 09:56:01 AM
Made a tentative start on my  latest project, Polish Renaissance, the Pendraken figures are rather tasty.

Don't forget the two-tone horses!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Only for generals or when on parade!