'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Great day out at Vapnartak and met some of the forum members - great chaps all!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Womble67

Quote from: Leman on 07 February 2016, 06:32:49 PM

Likewise I enjoyed meeting you all

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 07 February 2016, 06:32:49 PM

So which one are you in the photo, 'Bob' ?
Cheers - Phil

Leman

How come the photo's not on this thread? I'm the white-bearded oik on the back left wearing a purple Liverpool Wargames Club polo.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Too wet and wild to varnish anything today! Have applied sand and pva to Demi lancers bases, and assembled a Taurian army for Warband...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Based up some wolf riders. Just need to find a suitable stone for the final base and then the Goblins are all sorted, bar the small task of painting them!

Techno

All but finished off the Dragonmen foot knights yesterday....Got to the very last one, right at the end of the day....... and spotted a silly little mistake. .....Which meant having to re-do a bit of 'former'.
That'll be properly set by now, so I can shape it how I want with the Dremmel...and then finish the wee chap.

Cheers - Phil.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Steve J on 09 February 2016, 07:01:11 AM
Based up some wolf riders. Just need to find a suitable stone for the final base and then the Goblins are all sorted, bar the small task of painting them!

=O
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Steve J on 07 February 2016, 08:46:39 AM
All plans being scuppered by family at present :(. Just wish I had my own dedicated room to disappear to to paint, rather than wait until the kitchen is free...

Know how you feel!  Had an old friend visit over the weekend before he heads out to the orient in search of work.  Great to see him again, but it did put a stop to any painting...

A little bit of work on competition stuff yesterday, plus my sci-fi trees as and when.

FierceKitty

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 09 February 2016, 04:03:04 PM
Know how you feel!  Had an old friend visit over the weekend before he heads out to the orient in search of work.  Great to see him again, but it did put a stop to any painting...

A little bit of work on competition stuff yesterday, plus my sci-fi trees as and when.

Not a wargamer coming to Thailand, is it?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Demi lancers finally varnished and had their bases inked last night.
Spent the rest of the evening sorting out the mistake I'd made on a mates Tlexcalan archers, they wore trousers, who knew? (Ap'art from FK, obviously) I thought their legs were a bit 'chunky'! :D
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Putting the finishing touches to the Plateans; Spartans up next. Anyone got any hard sources for the colour of the spola? I'm inclined towards a red-ochre/burnt Sienna effect to complement their known fondness for crimsom tunics....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: FierceKitty on 10 February 2016, 12:59:18 AM
Not a wargamer coming to Thailand, is it?

Not a wargamer as such, no, although he used to role-play and boardgame back in the day. 

I'm not sure where he's going - and neither was he!  I know he was flying into Bangkok, but don't think he was intending to stay long.  He was mainly in vacation mode before trying to head back to China in a few months time, but was possibly looking for EFL teaching work.

Matt J

Back to the brushes, more cold war armour. Started some of the big beasts tonight - conqueror, t62, and centurions
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases if Demi lancers painted and sealed.
Shoes and hair done on tlaxcalans. Progress indeed...