Looking good for the Shrews
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Oops!
It will be an interesting fourth round for Shrewsbury now! ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Didn't get anything done tonight felt rough

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Get well soon Andy. :(

Only white horsy bits to do on the batch I'm on, then tidying up, and holsters...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Quote from: mad lemmey on 11 January 2016, 12:10:03 AM
Get well soon Andy. :(

Only white horsy bits to do on the batch I'm on, then tidying up, and holsters...

thanks mate will do

take care

andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 January 2016, 12:45:56 PM
What's the score? ;)

Still 1 Coke to you I guess.  We could either agree to split last year 50:50 or try to run a vote before this year's competition?

Not sure how much time I've got for painting this year, so I'll PM you some ideas later.
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1:0 sounds fair.
Await plans with interest (it must be your turn to pick)! 8)

Leman

Stuck all my 2mm Prussians onto one inch square bases, then textured them with modelling paste, the grit free type, as I think grit and flocking would actually bury the figures. My idea is to prime and then paint he entire base, using dry brushing on the groundwork. Not done this before so interested to see how it all turns out.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leman on 11 January 2016, 05:32:23 PM
Stuck all my 2mm Prussians onto one inch square bases, then textured them with modelling paste, the grit free type, as I think grit and flocking would actually bury the figures. My idea is to prime and then paint he entire base, using dry brushing on the groundwork. Not done this before so interested to see how it all turns out.

Good luck, look forward to seeing the results  :-bd

Subedai

Quote from: Leman on 11 January 2016, 05:32:23 PM

Yes, in a tangential way of thinking, the problem of effectively basing without them being up to their waists in base material has been gently meandering through my mind over the last couple of days. My idea was to base them on thin pieces of cereal packet card before sticking them down to the proper basing and then use my Saharan sand (very fine grit) sand and pva mix to level it all off. Don't know if it would work but...

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 11 January 2016, 06:54:04 PM
Good luck, look forward to seeing the results  :-bd

And me.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Subedai on 11 January 2016, 07:13:27 PM
Yes, in a tangential way of thinking, the problem of effectively basing without them being up to their waists in base material has been gently meandering through my mind over the last couple of days. My idea was to base them on thin pieces of cereal packet card before sticking them down to the proper basing and then use my Saharan sand (very fine grit) sand and pva mix to level it all off. Don't know if it would work but...

I was going to stick one strip of figures directly onto self-adhesive magnetic tape of and then use filler/PVA/paint mix for the ground around them.

I've now switched to standard 2mm MDF bases with ~2 strips stuck on with PVA. I'll almost certainly use filler/PVA mix unless a better alternative suggests itself.

Cheers,

Meirion

FierceKitty

Paphlagonian levies about to go under the brush; Persian army is nearly there.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Considering their probable destiny when they run into Greeks, Scythians, Indians, or Macedonians, I think they'd disagree.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

O Dinas Powys

Managed to prime then spray-undercoat some sci-fi figures yesterday; 2016 is looking productive already... 8)

Now, if I can just decide how to base them... :-/