'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Seated general and bamboo screens, or the obvious one tents.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Think I'm heading to an extension of my preexisting seated general, just doing the maths of base conversion and looking up cherry trees on tinterweb! 8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Good news: great progress on my Robots of Death and attack drones  :D

Bad news: Crab Walkers ruined when I flooded them with spray paint ~X(
Tried using the upside-down aerosol to spray off the excess paint trick, but all to no avail :'(

Wacked them in Dettol whilst still soggy, so hopefully I'll be able to strip the paint adequately for a second go... :-SS

Fingers crossed!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Youch!
Fingers crossed mate.

Samurai batch had arm details and metalwork done tonight. Mon on flags to do, then sort out and basing soon...
Plus two 'extras' that will be generals, more on those later. ;)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Penultimate code of the Lizards all but done.
Photo to 'Da Boss' for checking.

Cheers - Phil

WORK FASTER

Well not told you for a while, also stop this fantasy garbage, star work on some proper stuff. The way it is at moment we will be getting 16th century Mexicans soon.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 14 October 2015, 04:25:26 PM
WORK FASTER
:-*......Shan't !
Still got loads of fantasy to do, as well.
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Samurai batch done, plus two generals.

Question: other samurai painters, are your units 'regular' ie looking the same, not bowel movements, or 'irregular' and multi coloured?
All the Renaissance Japanese sources have different armour, but modern reenactors in photos have similar armour?  :-\

FierceKitty

Apart from the Ii Red Devils, I have my samurai (and monks) in varied positions and colour schemes; ashigaru are uniform.
It is worth remembering that those pretty woodblocks are not contemporary records: they mainly date to the 19th century, so are hardly super-authoritative sources.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks mate.
The exact opposite of where I'm headed with mine! All my ashugari are individuals and the samurai are going to be uniform! ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Base coated and inked 22 stands of samurai armour last night. This morning I've sand/pva'd 10 cavalry and 14 ashugari bases...
I will be finished in time for warfare, honest!

Subedai

My take on the uniforms of samurai is the same as FK's with the addition of the Oba clan of Takeda Shingen's army who also wore red armour. 
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Steve J

Based up some figures for KR-16. First thing I've been able to do in quite sometime :(.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

17 October 2015, 11:34:09 PM #1784 Last Edit: 18 October 2015, 12:24:34 AM by mad lemmey
Tonight, I have mostly been scratch building a 10mm scale 35mm movie camera!!

Decided that one of my Samuari generals as Akira Kurosawa himself! ;) If there was anyone who could command a battlefield!! ;)