'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Why, sir, whatever are you implying?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Techno, I think I've had that - it put me out of action for three days. The badly cut finger didn't help either (disintegrating cafetiere in the washing up). Now at last bug on its way out and finger cut has at last stopped re-opening. As a result yesterday got stuck into some 15mm stuff - painting command stands for Confederate Western Theatre infantry and also swapping some Belgian WWI shako heads for feldmutze. Have hit on doing the ITSLU 1914 focusing on the Belgian fall back to Antwerp.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Good to hear you are feeling better

Quote from: Leman on 31 July 2015, 08:44:10 AM
...swapping some Belgian WWI shako heads for feldmutze. Have hit on doing the ITSLU 1914 focusing on the Belgian fall back to Antwerp.

I'm looking forward to seeing these and am sure you will enjoy the games, the rules give a great period feel :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

I've had a bit of a mess about with the OOBs you were using, so my Belgians involve notable characters like Auguste Baincolidez and the village of Orsaise Douverze. Just liked the idea of colourful Belgian Guides working in tandem with Minerva armoured cars.

paulr

The armoured cars are really interesting but not overwhelming based on our limited experience :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 31 July 2015, 08:44:10 AM
Techno, I think I've had that - it put me out of action for three days.

Glad you feel better, Bob.
It was horrid, wasn't it ? :-&

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Best left to the imagination. Yes it was - thought my number was up.

mollinary

Quote from: Leman on 31 July 2015, 08:54:33 AM
I've had a bit of a mess about with the OOBs you were using, so my Belgians involve notable characters like Auguste Baincolidez and the village of Orsaise Douverze. Just liked the idea of colourful Belgian Guides working in tandem with Minerva armoured cars.

If you are looking for good village names, you could do worse than:  Davedy, Douzy, Biquet, Mique and Titsche!

;)  :D :-\

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

mollinary

Quote from: mollinary on 31 July 2015, 02:06:00 PM
If you are looking for good village names, you could do worse than:  Davedy, Douzy, Biquet, Mique and Titsche!

;)  :D :-\

Mollinary

I should have said  that this group of villages are just across the border from the Dutch town of Zabadak!  ;)  :-\

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Three days up in Lancaster, no painting for a few! :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Via some mild p1ss-taking by the wife, bases and bled, buildings finished! ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Staring at the postbox and wishing all companies dispatched orders as fast as Magister Militum. I've got only a few days of holiday left....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 03 August 2015, 08:45:44 AM
Staring at the postbox and wishing all companies dispatched orders as fast as Magister Militum. I've got only a few days of holiday left....

WEll if you will live in silly places.....

IanS  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021