'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Going to start work today on some 3mm Total Battle Miniatures terrain tiles for use with 6mm BBB and GWSH2. Their interpretation of 3mm is somewhat bigger than Brigade Miniatures. Will post comparative photos etc. when done.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 11 June 2015, 08:32:28 AM
Going to start work today on some 3mm Total Battle Miniatures terrain tiles for use with 6mm BBB and GWSH2. Their interpretation of 3mm is somewhat bigger than Brigade Miniatures. Will post comparative photos etc. when done.

From the Brigade website:

"Welcome to our range of small scale scenery - the models are built to 1/1000th scale but they are compatible with 2mm figures or 1/1200th scale ships. They are also ideal as scenery/targets for larger scale aircraft models (anywhere from 1/700th up to 1/144th or 1/100th) where they provide a sense of forced perspective and higher altitude. A large number of customers also use them with 3mm scale vehicles and figures."

So they're roughly 2mm scale (1:900) rather than 3mm (1:600).

Their "Small Scale Scenery" fortifications look rather spiffy alongside my 1:2400 Armada ships too, IMHO.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 11 June 2015, 07:26:24 AM
Vandal - what were you destroying ?
IanS

Lots of bits of wee men.  :P ;)
Cheers - Phil

Leman

6mm Bavarians nearly done. Time to mow the lawn.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2nd Battalion of the Gard de Voet assembled after school, also planning a Danish unit for the next batch. Over halfway with this army as far as units go, but I have done all the small stuff first!  X_X :-S #-o
Hopefully get on with Mark's 15mm French tonight and this weekend. Their first two colours of dry brush went on last night. :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

A unit of Danes assembled last night (LOA without pikes basically). May well add another tonight, which means 120 figures in the next batch. :)
That would put me on 10 out of 13 planned units.
:D
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Finished the day with Bavarian overcoat rolls and a terracotta wash on the roofs of the first 3mm tile. Will try some dry brushing on it today.

Techno

Just friction burned the tips of my finger and thumb holding onto a teeny weeny head, while the Dremel was whizzing round...... drilling a hole in said head.....the bit appeared to be stuck !.....But I couldn't be absolutely certain.
(I couldn't let go !!!......It might have flown ANYWHERE.) X_X

Had to get Mrs Techno to switch the drill off.....I'd run out of hands !
(I'm going to have to ask Clibby how he does this......I HATE doing head swaps/repositions. Most times I'd find it quicker and easier to just get rid of the original head and then make a new one.)

Cheers - Phil (I used a pin vise, in the end.....But it seems so slow and fiddly.  :'()

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Subedai

Quote from: Techno on 12 June 2015, 10:15:06 AM
Just friction burned the tips of my finger and thumb holding onto a teeny weeny head, while the Dremel was whizzing round...... drilling a hole in said head.....the bit appeared to be stuck !.....But I couldn't be absolutely certain.
(I couldn't let go !!!......It might have flown ANYWHERE.) X_X

Had to get Mrs Techno to switch the drill off.....I'd run out of hands !
(I'm going to have to ask Clibby how he does this......I HATE doing head swaps/repositions. Most times I'd find it quicker and easier to just get rid of the original head and then make a new one.)

Cheers - Phil (I used a pin vise, in the end.....But it seems so slow and fiddly.  :'()

Ouch as well!

Sometimes the less mechanical means are better in the long run.

If it's any consolation I wouldn't have used the dremel in the first place, but then I was an H&S rep so sometimes I see potential problems...not all the time mind you, just sometimes.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

;D ;D ;D

It's the 'speed factor' that's important for me.  ;)
Usually, I can hold an item (such as a head) and gradually machete my way in, with the Dremel, a tiny little bit at a time........At least, until the hole is deep enough.
On this particular occasion, the wretched bit 'grabbed'.....and the head started whizzing around.  X_X

Hey Ho !!  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Thought we'd found and removed all your power tools Phil.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Not yet, Ian !!  ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Having to work this weekend as so busy on various projects, so gauranteed no chance of painting for a good few days. At least I've got a game with Dave Fielder on Tuesday to look forward to :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Napoleonic 15mm trousers, blanket rolls, greatcoats and shako covers done. Flesh basecoat and wash on.
Next batch of 10mm LOA infantry undercoated.