'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Indian longbowmen are done; halfway through the heavy cavalry, such as they are. It's rather a shock, commanding a Mauryan army after a Moghul one. The more modern one is based on good heavy cavalry, the earlier has a few shoddy ones in support.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Quote from: FierceKitty on 17 May 2015, 01:59:54 AM
Indian longbowmen are done; halfway through the heavy cavalry, such as they are. It's rather a shock, commanding a Mauryan army after a Moghul one. The more modern one is based on good heavy cavalry, the earlier has a few shoddy ones in support.

That's because you have heffalumps and the four-horse camper vans .... err, chariots to give mounted support.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Nice work again, Will !  8)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And now they're done.
Varnish and photos tomorrow. :)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Looking forward to that. Baccus ACW guns and generals virtually complete and had my first go at an Altar of Freedom 3mm building. Much bigger than a Brigade Models 3mm building.  will be more valuable to compare Paper Terrain's 3mm European stuff with Brigade Models. Little project for the weekend.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Started painting the bases of my first Gruntz platoon and supports. Also dug out a load of EM4 Miniatures plastic mechas that I started years ago to be tweaked and used with aforementioned platoon.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Had a very pleasant evening painting 1870 French standards and labelling bases on two Division of the French 1st Corps. :)

Photos later in the week.

Interview tomorrow... May be too drunk to paint tomorrow night! ;)

FierceKitty

Mauryan archers and cavalry are ready for action. I've begun the wandering mercenaries (cf. Plutarch) and the first elephants now.

FierceKitty

Getting there fast. Half the chariots, half the melee foot, all the archers, all the cavalry, and a third of the elephants.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Curry and champagne with one of my oldest mates as a celebration last night.
Too full for painting, was asleep by 10! :D

Leman

Good to hear you're enjoying yourself Will. First game of Altar of Freedom went a treat. Battle report and photos to follow on Monday.

Steve J

No painting at all today as weather stunning, been in garden all morning, off for a walk later and then BBQ with the family late afternoon. What's not to like :)?

Leman

Sad to say, but BBQs. So once garden done and supped some tea in the garden I came in and washed the bases of my HQs for tomorrow's game. Seven Pines again, but swapping sides.

Steve J

QuoteSad to say, but BBQs.

I love BBQs!!!