'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Main painting of a Division of FPW French done; minus the Chasseurs à pied and general, who are in the post).
Varnish, basing, flags to do (so about a week to finish).
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It was widely acknowledged as the start of Mad Lemmey's blue period...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Very nice; Hessians or Continentals?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 April 2015, 09:10:52 AM
It was widely acknowledged as the start of Mad Lemmey's blue period...

What's next - cubist?  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Steve J

A fallow period on all things painting has come to an end with some 28mm SAS for use in a forthcoming Spectre Miniatures rules game. Also managed to find time to flock some units for my AVBCW forces.

Leman

A pleasant afternoon spent painting 15mm command stands for the ACW Army of Tennessee. Treated them to uniform jackets of Confederate drab, a colour I have only just discovered thanks to ACW ezine, ACW Gamer.

FierceKitty

Some long-needed LI with javelins have been added to the Assyrians and the Egyptians. But I'm expecting a visiting medievalist later this week, so may be introducing him to the joys of gaming stuff he's only studied thus far. And then there's the campaign to be continued this weekend, of course.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Ancient Indian army is under the brush. When you've got Seleucids and Assyrians already, it's inevitable. Must resist the standard drift (...Achaemenids....classical Greeks....Alexandrians....Thracians....Scythians....Nabateans...bankruptcy).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Subedai

Still steadily working my way through my unpainted 6mm mountain. Samurai ashigaru (60 blocks) finished, samurai infantry started (6 out of 14 blocks done), then it's the turn of the cavalry (28 blocks undercoated) and the command bits all for the Takeda clan. After that it could be WW II Western desert or European Medieval or ECW...not too sure yet.

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Hertsblue

The last few weeks have been devoted to setting up my new 6mm French Napoleonics forces. An infantry division and a hefty chunk of cavalry and artillery so far, along with what seems to be a battalion of generals. Next up - the Austrians; just put the drum of white paint down there, please.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Terrain for Campaign and some 15mm Indians have taken a lot of my time.
Nearly finished a FPW division, just need flags and labels. :)

Leman

Had a crack at some 6mm WWI British this morning. Surprised at how quickly they painted up. Coat of soft tone finished them off nicely.

Steve J

Spent a nice hour basing up some 15mm (more like 18mm) Armies Army figures for Gruntz!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Painted, based and sent on to its new owner, 8 bases of Indian Swordsmen, 8 bases of javelin armed skirmishes a general and two bombards.
Ignore the Genii!  ;D