'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

getagrip

Awesome,  love kids paint jobs.

We ought to add that as competition category  ;D
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

paulr

07 March 2015, 09:25:55 AM #1262 Last Edit: 07 March 2015, 09:27:27 AM by paulr
Quote from: getagrip on 07 March 2015, 07:37:03 AM
Awesome,  love kids paint jobs.

We ought to add that as competition category  ;D

Might have to have an age limit on that competition category ;)

My son, who is living down in Christchurch, is also painting some of the 54mm figures for Peter Jackson :)

When my daughter was in High School they read a novel about the NZ troops in Crete and they all had to produce an "art work" based on the book.
Imagine her teacher's surprise when she arrived with a small diorama with a bren team covering a path paste a ruined house (a scene from the book) in 15mm scale :o
She had scratch built the ruin, painted the figures and done all the basing with only advise from Dad  :) :D
Apparently it stood out from all the posters and collages  ;) ;D

Preview >:(
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

For my 18th birthday (1970) my mum baked me a cake atop which were 18 Airfix Cuirassiers painted by my 9 year old brother. Aww (as loads of women seem to write on Facebook).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

For my fiftieth my wife commissioned her sister to make a a cake in green icing on which were set a few small plastic tanks, a group of figures and, the best touch of all, trees made from broccoli. I've never had anything like it before or since.  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

I thought it had to be awwwwwwwwwwwww.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Hertsblue on 07 March 2015, 10:42:20 AM
For my fiftieth my wife commissioned her sister to make a a cake in green icing on which were set a few small plastic tanks, a group of figures and, the best touch of all, trees made from broccoli. I've never had anything like it before or since.  :)

Probably just as well for the sake of ypur digestive system.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Just finished an excellent painting session. Completed the mounted French dragoons; completed some of the tiny buildings for BBB, and painted more of the dismounted dragoons. Photos of the mounted and the tiny buildings to follow.

Steve J

Working on some scenery whilst stuck at work. No painting done due to work for several weeks now :(.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Magnetics applied to all my painting competition stuff. Plus some varnishing whilst out in the sun.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Cuffs and facings done tonight; after catching up on Poldark, which, ironically, was preceded by a Cornish pasty! ;D

Leman

Weapons, canteens, other paraphenalia, brass helmets and horse coats painted on dismounted dragoons, plus a start made on more tiny buildings, including a cathedral, a couple of factories and a windmill. Finish painting and wash figures today before moving on to basing.

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 March 2015, 11:29:52 PM
Cuffs and facings done tonight; after catching up on Poldark, which, ironically, was preceded by a Cornish pasty! ;D

Was Poldark any good ?
I'm sure I thoroughly enjoyed the 'original' when it was broadcast. (When WAS that ?).

As far as the topic is concerned.....Finally making the decision as to which fantasy race to work on next.  :-\
Cheers - Phil

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 11 March 2015, 07:26:01 AM
Was Poldark any good ?
I'm sure I thoroughly enjoyed the 'original' when it was broadcast. (When WAS that ?).

As far as the topic is concerned.....Finally making the decision as to which fantasy race to work on next.  :-\
Cheers - Phil

Centaurs?!  B)

Go on, you know it makes sense ;D

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton