'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finally got a nights painting in, flesh highlights, weapons and woodwork on three AWI regiments.
Hoping to get some decent hours painting in over half time!
Especially as I haven't even started my painting competition entries (unless I put in the thousand figures I painted last year)!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Just started on the Astrakhanski Dragoons - very smart in dark blue with white facings. And the postman's just delivered a big (200ml) bottle of Vallejo matt varnish which will keep me going for a while. The silly little 17ml bottles last no time at all.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

getagrip

Quote from: Hertsblue on 13 February 2015, 11:54:35 AM
a big (200ml) bottle of Vallejo matt varnish

Do you paint this on?

I ask because I use matt spray which, unless the weather conditions are perfect (warm / dry) is a bit of a bugger to get right.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Leman

All procrastination aside, clearing my backroom to make a wargames den this afternoon.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

Quote from: getagrip on 13 February 2015, 01:03:18 PM
Do you paint this on?

I ask because I use matt spray which, unless the weather conditions are perfect (warm / dry) is a bit of a bugger to get right.

I do. Actually takes less time than you'd think if you use a big brush. And as I think I've said before, the Villejo product is the flattest matt I've come across. 

www.rulesdepot.net

Leman

In fact it's so flat I prefer the satin varnish.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

getagrip

Quote from: Hertsblue on 13 February 2015, 02:34:02 PM
I do. Actually takes less time than you'd think if you use a big brush. And as I think I've said before, the Villejo product is the flattest matt I've come across. 

Cheers Herts; on your say so I've ordered a mahoosive bottle.   ;)

I've used it before (17ml bottle) and quite liked it.  Didn't realise they made it in such large quantities.   :)

nikharwood

Finished painting the 3 SYW armies in 2mm for the Minehead crew, assembled my Blucher 2mm. Back to my Pendraken Naps this weekend methinks...

Steve J

Finally lacquered my Churchills and then started on a 75mm artillery piece for my AVBCW/SCW International Brigade force.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Blacking and hair done.
White stuff to do. Next facings and musicians. Basing after...
Will be a break until Monday as my Mother is down for the weekend.
I can plan though! :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Quote from: nikharwood on 13 February 2015, 06:17:58 PM
Finished painting the 3 SYW armies in 2mm for the Minehead crew, assembled my Blucher 2mm. Back to my Pendraken Naps this weekend methinks...

Ah, 2mm. The one scale you can paint directly from an aerosol canister with no loss of detail! ;)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Hertsblue

Quote from: getagrip on 13 February 2015, 05:38:56 PM
Cheers Herts; on your say so I've ordered a mahoosive bottle.   ;)

I've used it before (17ml bottle) and quite liked it.  Didn't realise they made it in such large quantities.   :)

Gulp! What a responsibility!  :-SS :-SS :-SS

www.rulesdepot.net

getagrip

Quote from: Hertsblue on 14 February 2015, 10:22:35 AM
Gulp! What a responsibility!  :-SS :-SS :-SS

;D

Question though; how do you prevent bubbles? (Cue Michael Jackson joke I fear =) )

FierceKitty

Well, a handful of reinforcements to the ridiculous number of Celts in my Punic army, and I can now field a Gaulish host of the Telamon period. A useful, and also alarming, thing about armies in the eras of slower change is the way they spawn other armies.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Fenton

Finally got round to painting a flag last night, just need my command figures and bases to arrive and we can get started again
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!