'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Carrier platoon lacquered and Churchills basecoated and washed, ready for drybrush highlights etc. Now must think of entries for the painting competition :-\

Hertsblue

Finally got to play with the Hanomags last night. Got one platoon wiped out trying to take Stavelot. Ah, well, you can't make an omelette..... 
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

All Assyrians painted. I'll have to see what I can do with the Midianites this evening.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

All the Continental Wars Society material arrived this morning, including the disc with the first 69 issues on it. So much to get stuck into - I may be some time.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

At Vapnartak today. Overall a good show and Pendraken were doing a rip-roaring trade. I came away with no less than four buildings (all northern France) and some packs of bases so that I can use my 10mm FPW stuff with FOB2.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Put in a painting marathon last night.
Base coated and inked 100+ x 10mm figures, finished three armoured cars, from start, and scratch built another booby trap for my 15mm Hungarians.
Today the last four items got varnished.
Just rubble on the booby trap to do now!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Leman, cheers for the comment about the Continental Wars Society - it reminded me to bang them an email about joining & getting te back issues!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

Highly recommended Toxic. What is quite nostalgic is the very early ones are obviously typed and roneoed from before the days when computers became commonplace. The current style is very beautifully produced with plenty of colour. A real find. I can also recommend Epsilon's French house with the Otard advert. My son informs me it's a French brandy, established in the C18th so quite pertinent to 1870. Consequently  I bought one today and it is stunning. How it is done for the price I do not know, but a great find by Pendraken.

toxicpixie

Eagerly awaiting both pdf and disc. Sent email couple if hours ago, got the email back with payment details etc shortly after. Not bad for a Sunday :D

Will be doing some 10mm (probably Italians, to sort of match the Crimea stuff a mate has and sort of match up through to the '66ish depending on how well I feel the uniform changes can be overlooked - I think it's just detail and cursory web-research suggests a lot was planned, part implemented but seldom completed in full - so I might get away with squeezing them into later use!), but for now a couple of 2mm Irregular battle packs will be winging over to me for use at the club.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Base highlight on the 10mm. Another coat tomorrow.

Leman

I think I might have written Matilda somewhere when I meant Minerva. Oops! should never confuse a goddess with an Aussie's bit of crumpet.

FierceKitty

Do people know that the Jolly Swagman was called Andrew?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Westmarcher

Quote from: Leman on 01 February 2015, 09:56:00 PM
Highly recommended Toxic. What is quite nostalgic is the very early ones are obviously typed and roneoed from before the days when computers became commonplace. The current style is very beautifully produced with plenty of colour. A real find. I can also recommend Epsilon's French house with the Otard advert. My son informs me it's a French brandy, established in the C18th so quite pertinent to 1870. Consequently  I bought one today and it is stunning. How it is done for the price I do not know, but a great find by Pendraken.

Spot on (apparently). According to the French historian, Max Gallo, "for over two hundred years, posters have been displayed in public places all over the world." The modern poster, as we know it, however, dates back to 1870 when the printing industry perfected colour lithography and made mass production possible.
[from Wikipedia - so it must be true]
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.