'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

All painting on hold for the past 5 days due to no hot water or central heating as unit packed up >:(. Sod's Law it would happen just before we are due to have it replaced >:(. Fingers crossed normal service will resume tomorrow when we have a nice and warm house. Plus side is I've had two games in three days :).

FierceKitty

It is increasingly clear the the Assyrian army will be ready for action before very much more time shall have elapsed. I still have no idea whether I've made it too strong, or not strong enough. There's a lot of armour on disciplined troops, true, but the Egyptian chariots are many and elite. It'll take a few battles to sort out whether they're decently matched.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

Quote from: Steve J on 22 January 2015, 07:01:25 AM
All painting on hold for the past 5 days due to no hot water or central heating as unit packed up >:(. Sod's Law it would happen just before we are due to have it replaced >:(. Fingers crossed normal service will resume tomorrow when we have a nice and warm house.

Oooh! Nasty! Why do they never break down in July?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

good that you can get on at last. Boots and helmets on my Prussians today so that I can move on to the basing over the weekend.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

Nearly completed my Hanomag marathon. Only have to crew the little beasts now. And find some way of weighing them down - these plastic kits are so light it's actually possible to blow them along on the table.  #-o
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leman

No painting after all. got locked out of the house all day so went down the club and played a SYW game instead (good job I'd left my rule down there).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Parents evening, got home at 9, too tired to paint.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Heating being replaced on the coldest day of the Winter so far! Really frustrating not being able to do the odd bit of painting during the week.

Leman

Bloody Hell! Now I'm ill in bed. Infection, antibiotics but they give me a muscle reaction.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Steve J on 22 January 2015, 07:01:25 AM
All painting on hold for the past 5 days due to no hot water or central heating as unit packed up >:(. Sod's Law it would happen just before we are due to have it replaced >:(. Fingers crossed normal service will resume tomorrow when we have a nice and warm house. Plus side is I've had two games in three days :).

Don't worry about it. We all know it's quite easy to put up with inconvenience, provided it's happening to somebody else.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 23 January 2015, 10:56:06 AM
Bloody Hell! Now I'm ill in bed. Infection, antibiotics but they give me a muscle reaction.

Not good. Been there myself recently so I empathise and sympathise! Get better soon.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Subedai

Quote from: Hertsblue on 22 January 2015, 08:39:59 AM
Nearly completed my Hanomag marathon. Only have to crew the little beasts now. And find some way of weighing them down - these plastic kits are so light it's actually possible to blow them along on the table.  #-o

For my homemade card buildings I usually put a stone inside -liberally glued in place of course- perhaps you could do something similar in a scenic fashion on the bases. I've found some of the larger pieces of roadside gravel are adequate.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Subedai on 23 January 2015, 12:46:10 PM
For my homemade card buildings I usually put a stone inside -liberally glued in place of course- perhaps you could do something similar in a scenic fashion on the bases. I've found some of the larger pieces of roadside gravel are adequate.

The problem is, Subedai, there isn't much space within the volume of the model to place weights. I suppose I could base them, but that wouldn't add that much weight and , anyway, it goes against the grain. I think what I will do is melt down a few old figures and spread the molten metal in a thin layer on a biscuit tin lid. Then, once it's solidified, I can chop it into oblongs that will fit between the tracks. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Incidentally, I also have a big collection of card buildings and I use use superannuated figures to weigh mine down. Well, it reduces the lead mountain somewhat.   :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

toxicpixie

I'd suggest fishing weights glued under the body between the tracks, but if you've got the facilities and time to "cast your own" from off cuts, flash and spares then that's cheaper :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman