'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finished them apart from varnish, basing and flags.

Ho ho ho all!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

I think I need a tenacity resolution for New Year.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 25 December 2014, 08:50:48 AM
I think I need a tenacity resolution for New Year.

;D =D>

Managed a spot of overbrushing yesterday while the horde were watching festive cartoons. For some reason today hasn't been as productive, yet...  ;)

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 December 2014, 12:45:59 AM
Ho ho ho all!

Ditto!  <:-P
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

With a very full tummy, and as the Dear Lady Lemmey watches Downtown, I base coated and inked a platoon of Argentine special forces.

Spent forever deciding which uniform to put them in, the Dark Green invasion garb or the camouflage of the occupation forces.
Went dark so that I can use them with my LVTP.  8)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

No painting today, but some planning in the evening whilst family watching telly. Going to be difficult to do much until around the New Year due to travelling and work. Can but hope though :D.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Maybe painting a unit of Argentine special forces after watching the Top Gear Patagonia special was a bit much...

Leman

Finally got stuck in to those pesky Prussians. Only the brass and flags to complete before varnishing, washing and basing, so they'll be done by the end of the week. Then, whilst those stages are drying off, I can dry brush and flock the French bases, then it will be on to the Hanoverians for the BBB training scenario, free on the Yahoo group site.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Another night of sand and PVA tonight.
Pva really does not like Army Painter Matt varnish, one batch I hadn't varnished, glue took straight away on the primer, others take forever to affix the sand too!

Leman

Have you tried Vallejo Pumice basing paste. I use it a lot these days. Beats messing with sand.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

No, it would involve changing basing style halfway through several longer-term projects.
Found a dollop more pva in the mix helped.... A little.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nine stands of cavalry and five Agentine marines bases inked tonight.
Main Base coat and inks done on six stands of Ashigaru.

Lots of little bits of planning for the next big project.
At one of those crossroads points:
Deciding whether I can do a French 1870 division, a Prussian 1870 Division, start my 1864 Danes or finish my 1864 Winter Prussians in the meantime before I start on this next project that I want done before early December 2015?  :-\

Hertsblue

Returned from our 800 mile round trip to the Westcountry on Sunday to find that my back refuses to straighten up and lets me know not to try. Walking around like Methuselah for the past few days whilst slathering on the Deep Heat and waiting for an osteopath appointment. Looks like the second Panzergrenadier company will have to wait.  #-o #-o #-o 
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Outbreak of DIY today,
First coat on the kitchen sorted...
Dry brushed some bases to releave the painting in 1:1 scale.  :D

Leman

Decided to get the 6mm bases sorted out for the French 6mm 1870 army for BBB so that I could get some pictures up on the web.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Flock, scatter and clumping done on three sets of troops.
Varnish and photos later, today, gawd, yes, it is today I suppose.