'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I see you can get pretty effect effects with pavises. Nifty work.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

burnaby64

Quote from: FierceKitty on 20 May 2014, 03:10:51 AM
I see you can get pretty effect effects with pavises. Nifty work.

Thank you. I enjoyed painting those.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two Samurai units started, two stands to finish the Samurai from the painting competition, three stands of Ashigaru and some peasants.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Realised I'm not painting two stands of samurai and three of Ashigaru, I'm actually painting two samurai, three peasants stands of peasants and three stands of Ashigaru.  :o Yes, there was some hasty rebasing and filling out of units two nights ago, plus another to Keon for reinforcements!!!  ;D
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Libyans and Carthaginians on the table; not too many of those, but then rather a lot of Celts to follow.

Hertsblue

Finished the 5 squadrons of the Vladmirski Dragoons and now started the 2nd battalion of the Upplands Regiment for the Swedes. Got enough figures to do the 2nd battalions of the Pskovski and Kazanski Regiments and a second Swedish cavalry regiment. That should take me until the hols in early July, methinks. Oh, and there's half a dozen Russian generals to do too.  :o
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

Libyans are condition green. Punic citizen forces to follow.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

More progress on Samurai, plus some 15mm WWII odds and bods assembled to take away next week...

FierceKitty

Do remember that you need far more ashigaru than samurai.

Steve J

A whole host of things have conspired against me getting any gaming stuff done over the past month or so. I'll just have to console myself with a couple of weeks in Florida and then I think I will have time to get back to the painting and gaming table :D.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And what ratio should I have peasants to Ashigaru? I'm doing the Samurai first as they are the hardest to paint, banners et al.

No, I don't know what Al is doing there either...

FierceKitty

I suppose peasants would depend on how advanced the clan is whose army you're modelling. Those from Kyushu and Shikoku were usually more old-fashioned.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

After a very pleasant few days away, I have finished three 15mm Ziriynis, three stands of Russian scouts and a booby trap. Just got to base them now.
10mm just assembled four stands of TROLLS, Dark Elves, High Elves and Wood Elves also 7 stands of barbarians, including a mammoth! Any suggestions for tusks gents?
Some Ashigaru also sorted.

FierceKitty

Aedui done, Boii nearly so. They're pleasingly uncomplicated to paint, especially by irregular standards. Thank heavens for mapping pens! Tigurini and Remi next.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sat down and painted seven O.R.C. Defence Spaceships from Studio Bergstrom http://studiobergstrom.com last night, been sitting in the pile for ages and I really should do more, really enjoyed them. Photos later I hope.