'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 17 May 2014, 12:21:15 AM
Lizzies done, just need basing, Dwarfs need bases painted, painted a stand of Dark Elf XBows, three 1:3000 German destroyers base coated and inked, 5 stands of Samurai assembled.

Must do photos soon!

Shee! And I thought I dotted around the periods, Will.  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

;D

One year I counted how many different rilles sets I used with weekly gaming.
Including multiple Flames of War and Bloodbowl games.
I'm lucky to get 18 games a year at the moment! :'(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Tried out the new Sails of Glory naval system last night. Based on the Wings of Glory system of card templates. I must say I like them, although they're too complex to handle more than a couple of ships per player. The way the system works gives very little scope for cheating and fudging - I'm happy to say.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

If I could get the rules without the hideously overpriced ships I'd be interested.

Will have to wait and try to do what I did with "Wings of War" - buy a set dirt cheap on E-Bay from someone seriously unimpressed with the game!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

burnaby64

Enjoying getting started on my 1518-1528 Scots armies for internecine squabbling among the Douglases, Hamiltons, Beatons and others. Highland archers are no bother at all--just a saffron shirt thing and bare legs. Pity there aren't more of them. Handpainting assorted armorial devices on pavises has been fun of a different sort, too!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Ithoriel on 17 May 2014, 03:23:07 PM
If I could get the rules without the hideously overpriced ships I'd be interested.

Will have to wait and try to do what I did with "Wings of War" - buy a set dirt cheap on E-Bay from someone seriously unimpressed with the game!

The reason the ships are so expensive is that you get a pack of full colour playing cards with each vessel that is tailored to the individual ship.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

Quote from: Hertsblue on 17 May 2014, 05:57:05 PM
The reason the ships are so expensive is that you get a pack of full colour playing cards with each vessel that is tailored to the individual ship.

Which doesn't make the ship worth ten to fifteen quid, IMHO.

Each to their own but I'd sooner have generic stuff with slightly lower production values and the option to provide my own models.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Quote from: Maj Gen von Wedel-Wedelsborg on 17 May 2014, 04:25:33 PM
Enjoying getting started on my 1518-1528 Scots armies for internecine squabbling among the Douglases, Hamiltons, Beatons and others. Highland archers are no bother at all--just a saffron shirt thing and bare legs. Pity there aren't more of them. Handpainting assorted armorial devices on pavises has been fun of a different sort, too!

Let there be pictures, please.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Many pictures posted.
Just need to get Dwarves and Lizzies bases finished.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Quote from: Maj Gen von Wedel-Wedelsborg on 17 May 2014, 04:25:33 PM

I've had one game so far with my 17th-century Scots. I'm afraid the English ate them alive. But I've expanded their artillery since then, which I hope will even it up a wee bit.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

burnaby64

John Buchan's book on Montrose interested me in the 17th century Scots wars when I first read it about 40 years ago. I opted for the early 16th century because it is colourful and small scale and you could organise a version of Diplomacy to cater for the double-dealing and tergiversations of the Scottish aristocrats before you even put figures on the table. Haven't got round to that yet....

burnaby64

The Douglas & Hamilton faction circa 1526. Apologies for shaky camera skills.

burnaby64

Sorry. Obviously that didn't work. Can't seem to remove the post either. Apologies.

burnaby64

Trying again. The Douglas and Hamilton faction circa 1526. Via attachment.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very nice.

I got my Dwarfs and Lizzies Flocked this morning as the little one had a nap!