'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 20 April 2014, 12:18:35 AM
Tonight has been about pva and sand! Just a couple of generals to finish and standards to add to this lot, then Dwarves and Lizzies to do before Tursday!!! Gah!

Love the mix of basing and baby stuff!!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

20 April 2014, 09:36:00 AM #736 Last Edit: 20 April 2014, 09:38:43 AM by mad lemmey
Sleep wasn't happening last night, so a trio of Vampires joined the undead army!

Hellhound curtesy of Techno, finally used him, thanks mate!  :-bd
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Quote from: FierceKitty on 20 April 2014, 02:01:22 AM
Campanians in for an intensive session: can I get 'em ready in time for this afternoon?

The paint was still moist when they took to the battlefield, which may explain why they went into an uncontrolled advance, and then got thumped. :(
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases inked, yellow ochre and then highlighted, followed by pva wash. Flock today I hope. ;)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Lots of Numidians in training as we speak.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Show Jumping, Dressage, Cross Country or Racing training ?

IanS  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Fenton

Does anyone one do Oldmidians in 10mm?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

FierceKitty

Talk about shamelessly inflating one's postings.

fsn

Quote from: Fenton on 21 April 2014, 11:45:51 AM
Does anyone one do Oldmidians in 10mm?

... or any public schoolboys?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

O Dinas Powys

25 April 2014, 03:34:57 PM #745 Last Edit: 25 April 2014, 03:38:45 PM by O Dinas Powys
Quote from: Fenton on 18 April 2014, 09:31:57 PM
When I did my republican Romans I just used different coloured shields

What base sizes will you be using?

Yeah, I'm probably going to pick a colour for each warband and make the noble units brighter!

I was thinking a single block on 20x10mm thick magnetic tape, so quarter scale to the fantasy 10mm stuff (40x20 bases) I'm (theoretically) working on.
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Steve J on 20 April 2014, 08:19:46 AM
That's a great idea actually and you will be able to get almost 1:1 figure ratio 8). As for differentiating between units, you could do slightly different basing in terms of flock etc, or shileds as previoulsy mentioned. Look forward to seeing the finished result.

Cheers!

I did toy with the idea of 2 blocks to a base, but decided to keep this as playable on a tea tray  :D

My ancient terrain pack arrived over the weekend, so I'll now have something for them to fight over.  Hopefully with the lengthening days I'll have some results to show soon.
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

10mm painting stalled with Dwarves half finished and lizards base coated and inked as I sort out the two 15mm DAK platoons I need for next weekend!  :o

FierceKitty

Iberians are making good progress, extra motivated by the realisation that I'd bought too many and thus have enough to do four wedges of ten elements each. Ole!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

With milk?

DAK platoons just need basing now, then I can get back to 10mm. Up til 3am on those.