'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Sakae horse archers, with Indian foot archers to follow.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Platoon of Falklands Argentines and Late Imperial Romans base coated and inked.
Felt good.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Large numbers of nomadic LC always look very gay. Indian longbows now under the brush, and Argyraspids patiently queueing up.

FierceKitty

And the argyraspids are patiently submitting to having pictures of Alexander glued onto their silver-edged shields, and hoping I shall resist the temptation to paint their tunics pink. Come on, Leon, where are those other recent orders? The Arabs, the thureophoroi, and the Tarentines are all eagerly awaited.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Another argentine platoon dry brushed and faces done last night. So easy! Love them.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Finished the Timecast Church that I've had for a few good years! I've just been putting it off for ages :-[. A week or so ago completed another two Timecast buildings purchased at the same time. One needs some flock etc putting on it's base and then all ready for an outing with my AVBCW forces :).

Techno

Just started the crews for a couple of 'guns' Mart left with me a couple of weeks ago.....Or more ! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
I'm out of my comfort zone doing the seated figures......Having to be SO careful I don't 'hurt' the guns ! :-SS :-SS :-SS
Cheers - Phil

Hertsblue

Just finished painting up three Pendraken Russian resin buildings that will feature at any time from Poltava to Kursk. Very easy to paint and look good when finished. I'll post pics as soon as I have some troops to go with them.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

Hypaspists done. Massagetae cataphracts and Greek peltasts on the table now. By Zeus, Dolon, these Hellenistic armies are big, aren't they? Yes, certainly, Socrates.

burnaby64

Danish Foot Guards for 1848 just completed. The sculpts are a delight and make painting a pleasure.

Hertsblue

Quote from: Maj Gen von Wedel-Wedelsborg on 31 March 2014, 07:24:32 AM
Danish Foot Guards for 1848 just completed. The sculpts are a delight and make painting a pleasure.

In Copenhagen last autumn, outside the royal residences, I watched a Danish guardsman yell at two youths who were mucking about. You don't give any lip to a man in a tall hat carrying an assault-rifle with fixed bayonet. They should let ours do the same.  :d :d :d
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Steve J

B*ggered painting arm up on Saturday, so all painting related stuff on hold for a few days :'(.

burnaby64

Quote from: Hertsblue on 31 March 2014, 08:47:09 AM
In Copenhagen last autumn, outside the royal residences, I watched a Danish guardsman yell at two youths who were mucking about. You don't give any lip to a man in a tall hat carrying an assault-rifle with fixed bayonet. They should let ours do the same.  :d :d :d

Agreed.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Argentines and auxilia sanded and pva treated, barbarians base coated and inked.

Mojo is back...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nowt much done Thursday/Friday/Saturday due to tiredness and the little one having a cold, which means she cannot sleep.
Last night I finished four bases of Barbarians and assembled an undead force. Things are coming together nicely!
Planning to finish some basing tonight, then some Medieval human types that are waiting...