'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just finished some Dark Elves, varnish and sand on bases today I hope.

Bavarian cavalry and artillery flesh and ink done.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

How much ink does it take to make an elf dark, Will?  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

One coat, black. What else would I need?  :P

Makes a change from my normal patchwork of sepia/black/flesh, digging the mono tonal palate I've ended up with, but also enjoying tiny bronze edging on their armour to lift the whole thing.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Well with the inaugural IHMN games on Friday, I'm desperately trying to get my 1970's orcs painted in time. Making good progress but whether I will get them all finished remains to be seen. Pics to follow at some point.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Had a (comparative) block this week, mostly involving Bavarian Curassiers and Artillery. Thankfully last night I made significant progress. Concentrated on the heavy horse, but still made progress on the gun crews because of it (better use that paint up on them then).
Very glad this lot are nearly done, might be time for something silly to lift the mood...

Where did I put those flying serpents?

Hertsblue

Desperately trying to get everything finished for the Sydenham convention on Sunday. The next game in the series involves building the famous Kohima tennis court and also a canvass water tank up on the brow of the hill. Sawed a section off the inner cardboard tube of a kitchen roll, stuck it down to a Kalistra base and then "waterproofed" it with Greenstuff. At least, that's what I thought. Poured the molten "water" into the tank and, hey presto, the stuff leaked all over the table. B*$$#r! Then it occurred to me that after the battle the thing would have been riddled with holes anyway. So I left it as it was. Job done! 

www.rulesdepot.net

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Hertsblue on 15 March 2014, 10:36:40 AM
Desperately trying to get everything finished for the Sydenham convention on Sunday. The next game in the series involves building the famous Kohima tennis court and also a canvass water tank up on the brow of the hill. Sawed a section off the inner cardboard tube of a kitchen roll, stuck it down to a Kalistra base and then "waterproofed" it with Greenstuff. At least, that's what I thought. Poured the molten "water" into the tank and, hey presto, the stuff leaked all over the table. B*$$#r! Then it occurred to me that after the battle the thing would have been riddled with holes anyway. So I left it as it was. Job done! 

:-/ ;D =O =D>

Brilliant!

What were you using as "water"?

Cheers!

Meirion

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Hertsblue

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 15 March 2014, 08:17:09 PM
:-/ ;D =O =D>

Brilliant!

What were you using as "water"?

Cheers!

Meirion

Deluxe Materials Scenic Water, Meirion. Melt it down by standing the pot in hot water and then it will pour and, eventually, solidify again. Be warned though, it takes about twenty-four hours to stop being tacky. Expensive but effective.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

Scythed chariots coming along prettily; should be useful for their effect intimidating gamers who haven't met them before or read enough history to know that they're about as useful as a spring-loaded machine gun. More to the point, should be useful for making the Seleucid army one of the most bizarre mish-mashes of military mongrels known to ancient history.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

By the way, the Pendraken Persian chariots need a photograph on the website. I'd probably have bought ours if they'd been illustrated.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finally finally finally got these last Bavarians done. Now to varnish and base them. :)

Techno

.........and take some photos ! ;)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

22 March 2014, 12:45:52 AM #687 Last Edit: 22 March 2014, 01:07:21 AM by mad lemmey
Bavarian bases inked.
Watching Sport Relief with one eye whilst putting together a platoon of Argentinians, with a section of blowpipe antiaircraft missiles and all the missing bipod mounted LMGs from the other platoons.
A unit of Later Roman Auxiliaries, and for my Fantasy Medieval Human types:
Four units of spears
Two units of javelins.
A unit of axe men.
Two units of peasants.
Two units of dismounted knights.
Two generals.
And a base of flying serpents! :P

Now give some cash to Sport Relief...

Hertsblue

You're getting a s bad (good?) as Nik, Will.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Putting together is easy, painting takes time, especially with Bavarian induced mojo depreciation!