'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

Quote from: get2grips on 21 February 2014, 05:32:42 PM
At the risk of getting butchered; I don't think WM cavalry is as strong as everyone suggests...

IF

you don't insist on playing "tournament" style games.  Use a little more terrain and infantry become more important.

Couldn't agree more  :)

Ithoriel

Yep, terrain matters in WM. Amazing how a good set of hedges or irrigation channels screws up a chariot army, for example. Plus the right terrain makes any game look good.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

My open single base is nearly done, well... Needs basing colours and background doing, but the main painting is now done! :D ???
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Bits & pieces done this weekend, in between RL stuff: my 28mm WW2 US Airborne & German finally had their bases finished & have been matt varnished as supplies turned up on Friday; I've also undercoated my 6mm Junkers & sealed the bases on my WM Beastmen - but then my black spray ran out, so need to get some more of that. Feeling quite productive really  :)

I'll try to grab some pics for the blog later once the tribe are in bed...

Womble67

Its been a pretty productive weekend to be honest the base for rorkes drift has been finished by sara ive got more foot painted

take care

andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Base coated pre20th century foot Samurai, as it looks like the vote is a landslide!
Also spent an hour trying to sort banners for another entry...  :'(
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Quote from: mad lemmey on 23 February 2014, 11:53:45 PM
Base coated pre20th century foot Samurai, as it looks like the vote is a landslide!
Also spent an hour trying to sort banners for another entry...  :'(

Plenty of time left, you've got days before entries close  ;)

Samurai will be really quick to paint  ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I'm only doing one base of them at the moment.
The idea of doing the whole army in one go would be enough to send me sane!  8-} :O)

Seems strange, only seven fit on the base...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nearly done, just waiting for PVA to dry and then I can flock it...

Flock it all!

nikharwood

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 February 2014, 10:44:20 PM
Nearly done, just waiting for PVA to dry and then I can flock it...

Flock it all!

(Misquoting Metallica)...and flocking no regrets  :d m/

I've painted a load of 6mm sci-fi Junkers tonight...hopefully varnish tomorrow & then pics...then it'll be onto my 10mm Beastmen I think - although there's a house move to sort probably beforehand...

Steve J

Did a bit of basing last night on my Junkers for KR-16 as well as some '70's Pig-faced Orcs for use with IHMN and/or Mordheim.

Hertsblue

First outing for Kohima 1944 at Cavalier 2014 at Tonbridge. We're running the game as a mini-campaign through the convention season and part one was entitled "the Fight for Jail Hill". All went well and the game seemed to provoke a lot of interest and as a bonus I got to meet a couple of local forum members. Next stop is Skirmish at Sydenham in the third week in March. Part two is called "The DC's Bungalow" - now where have you heard that before!
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

paulr

Quote from: Hertsblue on 26 February 2014, 09:52:58 AM
First outing for Kohima 1944 at Cavalier 2014 at Tonbridge. We're running the game as a mini-campaign through the convention season and part one was entitled "the Fight for Jail Hill". All went well and the game seemed to provoke a lot of interest and as a bonus I got to meet a couple of local forum members. Next stop is Skirmish at Sydenham in the third week in March. Part two is called "The DC's Bungalow" - now where have you heard that before!

Sounds very interesting, any pictures?
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Sure are:

Overview of the table.

Japanese infantry pass through the Naga village.

The remnants of two Japanese companies struggle up the steep slopes of Jail Hill

The 7th Company as it started out.

The 6th Company cross the Imphal road

Bear in mind that this is actually a night action and visibility varied between four and twenty-four inches. The 24th Indian Mountain Battery, based at Jotsoma two miles away off-table, really hammered the Japanese. They couldn't prevent them from clearing the hill however.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net