'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

Quote from: get2grips on 15 February 2014, 12:39:34 PM
Hi Nik,

Do you have a photo of the wolves: I need a choas hound substitute :)

Here you go - just done these - not convinced that the PVA is going to hold them though (haven't been anywhere near a superglue shop this week!)

Codes are  FG6 & FG10 (giant ones) - fast iPad pic so not great quality...base size here is 50x25

get2grips

GordonY

"not convinced that the PVA is going to hold them though"

if in doubt use more fecken glue the figures base should sit in it rather than on it.

nikharwood

Quote from: GordonY on 15 February 2014, 05:46:19 PM
"not convinced that the PVA is going to hold them though"

if in doubt use more fecken glue the figures base should sit in it rather than on it.

And that, right there, is why I use superglue  :)

GordonY

But I get my PVA 2 gallons at a time free.  ;) ;) ;)

Superglue I have to pay for.  :( :( :(

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

I was right - the PVA'd ones came off with absolutely no provocation whatsoever...so a trip to Poundland today, a load of cheap superglue later and they're stuck fast on their bases. Right where they belong  :)

get2grips

Quote from: nikharwood on 17 February 2014, 09:25:37 PM
I was right - the PVA'd ones came off with absolutely no provocation whatsoever...so a trip to Poundland today, a load of cheap superglue later and they're stuck fast on their bases. Right where they belong  :)

Agreed ;)

PVA peels to easily: I can't even get the Superglued ones off even when I want to.

Hertsblue

I have PVA'ed 15mm figures that were done thirty years ago - and still rock solid.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Steve J

Looking after a friends dog for the week which is a bit high maintenance so not much stuff done over the past few days :(. Hopefully a bit of basing and painting tonight though :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Much flocking about last night. Then realised I'd missed aerials and pennants, those will get done tonight, plus base coats on another competition entry. This next one is mad and needs research!
*realises I might have bitten off more than I can chew on this one*
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

get2grips

Which beastmen you using Nik?

nikharwood

Quote from: get2grips on 18 February 2014, 09:51:49 PM
Which beastmen you using Nik?

Here you go:

Army List:
Beastlord 125; Wargor 80; Bray Shaman 80
5 Beastherd - using Beestmen & Minotaurs & Haedusmen: need 7-9 figures / base = 21-27 figures / unit = 105-135
4 Herdkin (bows, spears) - using Beestmen: need 5-7 / base = 15-21 figures / unit = 60-84
2 Bestigors -using Haedusmen: need 4-5 figures / base = 12-15 figures / unit = 24-30
1 Minotaurs - using Minotaurs: need 2-3 / base = 6-9 figures
3 Hounds - using Wolves: need 4 / base = 12 figures / unit = 36
1135 points

Pendraken order:
Minotaurs

1 x Minotaur army pack (25)
1 x FM2 Axe (5)
1 x FM7 Sword & shield (5)
1 x FM9 Chieftain & Shaman (5)
Hounds
4 x FG6 Wolves (5)
4 x FG10 Giant Wolves (4)
(note: I got this wrong in how I wanted my units configured, so ended up getting 2 more packs of FG6 - got a load of FG10 spare now!)
Haedusmen
2 x FHA1 Polearm (10)
2 x FHA2 Club (10)
2 x FHA3 Axe (10)
2 x FHA4 Sword (10)
Beestmen
8 x FBE1 Sword (80)
8 x FBE2 Spear (80
4 x FBE3 Bow (40)

get2grips