'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Platoon of Falklands British marines dones, based and photographed.
Platoon of Falklands Argentines done in 5 hours! Just need basing now!

HQ stands for both and some vehicles next before Xmas I hope!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Started some fire tokens and pits for Tusk.

Also continued tinkering with my goblin Dux Bellorum war bands and flocked the bases of some buildings I painted ages ago.
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Me, a pack of milliputt and a platoon of 15mm pioneers, what can possibly go wrong?
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 22 December 2013, 08:09:31 PM
Me, a pack of milliputt and a platoon of 15mm pioneers, what can possibly go wrong?

Hmm, the mind boggles  :o

;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Falklands command stands base coated and inked.
Dougie's camo nets and conversions for Scorpions and Scimitars made from milliputt.  O:-) Hope he doesn't mind...  :-$

O Dinas Powys

More work on the Tusk pits and started turning last year's new year bubbly cork - umm plastic - into a giant mushroom!  :-\

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just finished painting British and Argentine Company HQs plus some British spotters and .50cals.

Also painted 3 Panhard AML90s, but spent most of the night trying to work out how many aerials they have.
One, two or in some cases three!  ~X(

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Lemmy - most western vehicles have 2 antenna, command wagons have 3, soviet 1 or 2 if command. The Panhard has 2 on each side of the turret, in rear 1/3 rd

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks Ian, all advice as ever gratefully accepted.  :-bd
All the photos show most with one on the rear left turret, some have two. Even in the same platoon line up!

Very rarely you see three, must be higher command.

I've gone for two with one, and 'troop' leader with two.
Also found a contemporary photo late last night with an Argentine flag on an aerial, got to be done! :)

Flags is easy - copy one (Wikipedia is a good source) - paste into a word doc, size it, copy that one, and edit mirror the copy, put as close together as possible.

voila.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sandinista

Quote from: ianrs54 on 29 December 2013, 12:16:34 PM
Flags is easy - copy one (Wikipedia is a good source) - paste into a word doc, size it, copy that one, and edit mirror the copy, put as close together as possible.

voila.

IanS

Do all that in Paint or similar and it is so much easier

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Or glue a bit of folded paper on an aerial, paint a blue stripe top and bottom and squiggle a yellow sun on one side!

:)

The actual pennon is tiny, so the one on the model is about head size for 10mm :)

Hertsblue

Yep, most home printers struggle to deal with anything that small.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finished three vehicles for Falklands, two support weapons and extra command teams tonight. Hope to slop som photos up tomorrow.
;D

Then it's off to 15mm land for a month, need an army by the 8th FBI and so far I have assembled but three platoons...
Anyone got any zryinis?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Spent the night watching Adam Hills DVD and sculpting paving onto a flames of War bases.