Q of the Week - Most successful war record?

Started by Leon, 10 May 2010, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

10 May 2010, 07:52:25 PM Last Edit: 22 June 2010, 01:55:41 AM by Leon
OK, this week's question:

If you converted all the war's/conflict's in history into a sports-type league, with Played, Won, Lost, who would be the most successful nation/team?  
Are there any unbeaten teams anywhere?
Who would have the best win/lose ratio?
And who would have the most games and points overall?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dazza

England :)

fought every nation in the world at some stage of our evolution.

hard to say what the score would be tbh , but we'd win the Global League :)
Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

17-21l

Yes me too - England - although we should really say Britain?? - but there wouldnt have been a Britain without England - so yes we also go for England.

PS Ive spoke to the Queen on this one and she also gives England her vote ( followed closely by Germany)

:) :D :) :D ;)
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ronan

I'd say England too..
.. despite I'm French  ;)

nikharwood

QuoteMost successful war record?

This, surely:

;)

Hurley

I hate to point this out but...The Romans kinda owned you and the first English king was a viking. Britain would have been just like Germany till Bismark organized them in the late 1800's.

Well if we are being patriotic. I put forward Canada, the only country to take on the US in full on war and win and take Washington D.C.

Hurley
warning up salt amounts when talking to this person.

17-21l

Hi Hurley - yes its good to be patriotic - when was this war with the USA? 1812? wasnt that a war between Britain(England) and the USA? so that counts as one of ours-or? or are you talking about the Fenian raids? ( probably one of ours as well)

Anycase - god bless Canada - lived there a few times during my time in the Army - Alberta, Med Hat, went to  Calgary and Edmonton, Rockies ect.. beautiful country with great people. ;) :D

Best pizza Ive ever tasted!! (whats that got to do with it????) :D
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!

lentulus

Quote from: 17-21l on 12 May 2010, 11:03:32 AM
wasnt that a war between Britain(England) and the USA?

It's a matter of spin.  All the victories were ours.  You can keep New Orleans.

Leon

Quote from: Hurley on 12 May 2010, 08:07:22 AM
Well if we are being patriotic. I put forward Canada, the only country to take on the US in full on war and win and take Washington D.C.
Quote from: lentulus on 12 May 2010, 01:03:51 PM
It's a matter of spin.  All the victories were ours.  You can keep New Orleans.

I thought you were the peaceful neighbour!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

nikharwood

QuoteBest pizza Ive ever tasted!!

You not been to Italy then?  :P

Hurley

Peaceful we may be but we are also assertive. :)

Also for what weapons they had the Italians in North Africa didn't do to bad.

The flying tigers in china did will too.

Hurley   

Luddite

OK, the patriot in me says, Britain of course...but...i'm afraid the laurels rest elsewhere.

Played     100's

Won      All except 1.

Lost      1. Ain Jalut.

Who would be the most successful nation/team? 

And the winner is....the Mongols under Ghenghis Khan

No.

The Mongols.  Lost only one minor battle vs the Mamluks.  Destroyed and completely eradicated an unknown number of civiliastions / factions.  Utterly crushed every opponent they met.  Hand's down the greatest military force in history.

Mongols.

Although on 'most games' the Romans might challenge them.  Plugging away for 800 years, they fought a fair number of opponents, but remeber the Mongol Conquest period lasted, what?  20 years?
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Quote from: Luddite on 13 May 2010, 12:34:11 AM
OK, the patriot in me says, Britain of course...but...i'm afraid the laurels rest elsewhere.

Played     100's

Won      All except 1.

Lost      1. Ain Jalut.

Who would be the most successful nation/team? 

And the winner is....the Mongols under Ghenghis Khan

No.

The Mongols.  Lost only one minor battle vs the Mamluks.  Destroyed and completely eradicated an unknown number of civiliastions / factions.  Utterly crushed every opponent they met.  Hand's down the greatest military force in history.

Mongols.

Although on 'most games' the Romans might challenge them.  Plugging away for 800 years, they fought a fair number of opponents, but remeber the Mongol Conquest period lasted, what?  20 years?

I never even thought of them.  Good point, well made.  It's very impressive when you look at their record like that.

Hurley

Actually the moguls lost twice to japan.

Both times they failed to land in force against the Sameri.

Hurley