Falkland's Range Released!

Started by Leon, 17 August 2012, 02:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gran76

Sorry I forgot to mention the very talented Phil for sculpting the range excellent work

nikharwood

Superb - and, as Gran76 says, great to see a response to demand. Top-notch  8)

Nav

will there be argentinians realesed, sorry for spelling mistakes.  :D

robert

Quote from: Leon on 17 August 2012, 02:55:10 AM

Of course the Brits will need some opposition, so the Argentinians will be following on very soon, possibly in one big release with the helmet Brits, but we'll wait and see on that.

NAV..............As the announcement says :)
That is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put - Winston Churchill

Rob

This all looks superb and is high on my must have list.

One comment which may may not seem important to you but I know any Parachute Reg members viewing the range will grind their teeth at.

Para's "TAB", Marines yomp. The term yomp was popularised during the Falklands conflict by reporters talking to Marines not to Paras.

Cheers, Rob  :)

Leon

Quote from: Rob on 19 August 2012, 03:41:52 AM
Para's "TAB", Marines yomp. The term yomp was popularised during the Falklands conflict by reporters talking to Marines not to Paras.

Major Fielder mentioned that over on the BKC forum as well, so I've changed that now.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Well...
You learn something new every day ! :-bd
Thanks - Phil.

Gran76

TAB means Tactical Advance to Battle and I really hated my annual 8 mile CFT (combat fitness test) TAB.My shins use to hurt like mad god knows how they felt in 82 with alot of kit and ankle busting "babys heads" (large grass tufts).

Squirrel

Great to see these released, awesome sculpts raising the bar again! These are probably 3rd on my  project list right now.

Cheers,

Kev

Urbinoprince

They are really superb figures, but who is willing to play the Argentines unless they play the cat and mouse (or elephant and tiger) routine?

However, I think we need to take out sometime to point out why they are great figures.

They are proportional to what I think a human person looks like- no short or long limbs, etc.
Each figure is perfectly in scale to others in the line.
[/list]   The small parts, weapons, etc., are well detailed and perfectly proportionate to the person carrying   them.
          The figures will paint well. Not many nooks and crannies that hard to reach.
          The details are not buried by the posing.
          The details appear historically accurate.
           The bases are not thick at the bottom and the height of each figure is more or less the same.
           The clothing/uniforms are commensurate to the figure.

Techno

Thanks for your kind words Urbinoprince. :-[

I really must pay tribute to Barrie at Timecast, who was my 'mentor' for these figures as far as getting them as 'historically accurate' as possible at this scale.
So thanks from me Barrie !!

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Falkland special personality one arrived today.
Perfect Techno.
Sending them on to the person they are modelled on now!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 20 October 2012, 11:00:13 AM
Perfect Techno.

Wow! Did Margaret Thatcher really order a special personality?  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 20 October 2012, 11:00:13 AM
Perfect Techno.

Thanks for letting me know Lemmey !
Ill have to scrounge one of those from Leon.
Oh dear.....If I was supposed to be making it look like Mrs Thatcher.....I've not done a very good job ! ;)

Hope 'you know who' likes it.
Now...while you're there Lemmey...That Roman General you were helping me with.
I'm sorry....But Skippy the bush kangaroo looks damn silly sitting on a horse ! ;) :D

Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Go to plan B Techno, Flipper in a chariot!  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner