Falkland's Range Released!

Started by Leon, 17 August 2012, 02:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

17 August 2012, 02:55:10 AM Last Edit: 19 August 2012, 05:04:24 AM by Leon
After much anticipation and a few delays, it's finally time to release our brand new Falkland's range!  This is the first range which has been produced entirely due to our Requests system, so it just goes to show that all your votes do produce results!

This first batch contains most of the infantry types, mainly in beret, and we'll be following this lot up with the helmeted chaps pretty soon.  The masters arrived from Techno last week, so are currently in the moulding queue.  As well as the infantry, we've recently previewed some of the upcoming vehicles as well, so check those out here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,5849.0.html.  We're hoping to have these ready to go in the October releases.

Of course the Brits will need some opposition, so the Argentinians will be following on very soon, possibly in one big release with the helmet Brits, but we'll wait and see on that.

Finally, if you're in need of any scenery and buildings for the conflict, then it's definitely worth heading over to the Timecase website: http://www.timecastmodels.co.uk/range_1/range_1.html

So, here's the releases:

Falklands British - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Post-War-Modern-c20/Falklands-British-sc282/
(All packs contain 10 foot unless otherwise shown, priced at £1.35)

FLB1   Advancing with SLR, beret
FLB2   Advancing under fire, beret
FLB3   Kneeling, firing SLR, beret
FLB4   Standing, firing SLR, beret
FLB5   Standing, firing SMG, beret
FLB6   Officers, with SLR/SMG/map (3 poses)
FLB7   Radio Operators, beret
FLB8   .50 cal MG, beret
FLB9   GPMG team, prone, beret (5 pairs)

FLB10   GPMG team, walking, beret (5 pairs)
FLB11   Blowpipe, beret
FLB12   84mm MAW, beret
FLB13   Milan team, beret (3 teams)
FLB14   Tabbing Para, full kit, helmet
FLB15   Sniper team, ghillie suits (5 pairs)
FLB16   Engineers, 1 kneeling, 1 prone, beret (5 pairs)
FLB17   SAS, advancing with SLR
FLB18   SAS, firing M16
FLB19   SAS, with grenade launcher

We hope you like them!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Shecky

Now I have to find the TFL special which has the falkland rules to figure out how much I need.

Tom

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb, look forwards to getting my hand son the rest of these!
Shecky - any chance of a link to that TFL supplement?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Matched up with the new Scorpion/Scimitar and Land Rover all you need now is some Argies.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Nosher

Outstanding - worth the wait, but will be waiting a little longer until the full range is out which might give me chance to make in roads on other pendraken lead mountains I'm still to start!!!!!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Derek H

Quote from: mad lemmey on 17 August 2012, 07:46:27 AM
Superb, look forwards to getting my hand son the rest of these!
Shecky - any chance of a link to that TFL supplement?

We'll have to Bloody Walk (good name) is  in the 2004 Christmas Special

Dougie

Check out my blog: http://dougieswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!

Dave Fielder

Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Gran76

Excellent! Can i just say a big well done to Pendraken for releasing this range. The Falklands war isnt mighty popular and this should spark some great looking wargame tables and dioramas. Also a big thanks to all those who voted in the requests system for this range :) . Im off to scour the garden for some more little stones to paint and some slate. Thanks again Pendraken  =D>

hamsterking

Even if you don't want to game the Falkland War these figures would come handy as a kind of Ersatz UNIT force for taking on Alien types in leafy English villages. (Good enemy types can be found in the Dungeon Monsters range) Let's face it if you are taking on something un-pleasant a MILAN team is going to come in mighty handy.

Dave Turner

old smokie

I feel another project coming on  :D  can't wait to get my hands on these, and a  big well done to Dave and Leon for releasing this range  =D> well done guys

Shecky

Here's a link to the TFL site to purchase the special which includes, "We'll Have to Bloody Walk".

http://toofatlardies.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=28

You need to also own IABSM as it is based on that.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sultanbev

In addition to the UNIT alternative, these could be used for any 1960s-1984 Cold War British army, for example if fighting in Norway, or the north German plain in winter. Hell, if the October 73 war had gone global you might find these on the Golan heights alongside the IDF fighting Syrians and Soviets. It snows up there you know, so winter gear would be appropriate.

Of course, you'll need some Wombats, FV432, Chieftains and Centurions to go with, then some Soviets to fight, but am sure the voting process will determine that. Or not  :D

The possibilities are many. Once the Argies are out, well, even more so....

Mark

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Little change - theres this man fixeated on Mezo Americans and another with a headgear fixation......

IanS  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021