Forum barfight

Started by Last Hussar, 10 August 2012, 04:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecemDave

Quote from: Westmarcher on 07 August 2021, 09:42:16 PM
.... meanwhile ... someone at the back of the bar mentions the Great Wargaming Survey .....

In a recent survey:  5% of bar members supported fantasy games as wargames, 5% thought they were not, 85% were too busy finding organic compounds that carried at least one hydroxyl functional group to care and the remaining 5% had had so much they thought they were dragons.   

Heedless Horseman

21 September 2021, 10:22:37 PM #2371 Last Edit: 21 September 2021, 10:25:31 PM by Heedless Horseman
You Know
Just a Thought.
Given the usual **** poor performances of politicians / Royals / Heads of State when seen on TV  debates / intewviews / parliament... or whatever...

If they applied themselves... and weren't addicted to various chemicals / base metals...

Some Pendraken Forum Members would have a pretty good chance at World Domination... if let out.

Ain't THAT a thought!!!  ;D ;D ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 21 September 2021, 10:22:37 PM
You Know
Just a Thought.
Given the usual **** poor performances of politicians / Royals / Heads of State when seen on TV  debates / intewviews / parliament... or whatever...

If they applied themselves... and weren't addicted to various chemicals / base metals...

Some Pendraken Forum Members would have a pretty good chance at World Domination... if let out.

Ain't THAT a thought!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I really think we ought to let the cabbies and hairdressers have a go first.

paulr

What about the telephone sanitisers  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: paulr on 22 September 2021, 08:59:06 AM
What about the telephone sanitisers  ;)

Have to get em back from Golgafrincham (sp)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Stop talking, get fighting!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

9 years this brawl has been going on, I really think we need new management around here.  Or at least some replacement glassware...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Management - what management, look at who thev'e let in, a missing link and a rabid thing that chews coats for two  :D :D

Ithoriel

Glassware?

I've been drinking out of the plant pot for the last few months!

I wouldn't mind but I have to put a finger in the hole in the base or the drink runs out.

I'm not a Little Dutch Boy, you know!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

steve_holmes_11

Glassware!!!
With crowns on, no doubt.
I through this was a respectable roundhead pub.

You'll never take my authentic leather tankard.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

We have plenty ofglassware, but if I let you lot loose with it you can't even be bothered breaking it over each other's heads, you just nurse the contents and moan.
This is how you use glassware!
*SOUND OF A MAGNUM OF DOM PERIGNON BEING IMPACTED ON ITHORIAL, repeatedly.

And that's on Orc's tab...

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Heedless Horseman

23 September 2021, 06:29:15 PM #2383 Last Edit: 23 September 2021, 06:31:48 PM by Heedless Horseman
I remember, (vaguely!), drinking from a Vase at a friends with a glass shortage.  :o
Might have been the time I fell into the bath and couldn't get out!
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Ithoriel

23 September 2021, 11:16:12 PM #2384 Last Edit: 23 September 2021, 11:18:01 PM by Ithoriel
I've tried drinking coffee from a plant pot when an entire youth club of us turned up to help decorate the Youth Leaders' new house. They'd just moved in that day and hadn't expected everyone to turn up, so there was a severe shortage of cups.

The plant pot was new, recently cleaned and didn't have a hole in the bottom.

It was however unglazed and porous so it "sweated" coffee.

I've never fallen into a bath but I did sleep in one after a party while I was at uni. Not as comfortable as I'd hoped!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data