Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
22 July 2017, 09:55:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've also got some new Shermans available!
234998 Posts in 14307 Topics by 2023 Members
Latest Member: Lanceflint
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Non-Wargaming Discussion
| |-+  Fun Stuff
| | |-+  Forum barfight
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum barfight  (Read 137278 times)
ianrs54
Playtester
Lieutenant General

« Reply #2070 on: 04 July 2017, 09:22:02 AM »

I prefer the Corpse Reviver No 2: equal parts gin, lemon juice,  Cointreau, Kina Lillet, and a dash of absinthe (I like a large "dash").

The 1930 Savoy Cocktail Book says "Four of these taken in swift succession will unrevive the corpse again".

And probably embalm the body as well.

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY
Last Hussar
Brigadier

« Reply #2071 on: 06 July 2017, 11:02:42 PM »

You can't get Kina Lillet anymore. Closest is a vermouth called (something) Americano

Will Wargame for payment
Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #2072 on: 07 July 2017, 02:39:48 AM »

You can't get Kina Lillet anymore. Closest is a vermouth called (something) Americano

Cocchi Americano. As used in the Vesper Martini, Corpse Reviver #2 and Old Etonian ... and doubtless other cocktails to boot.

Though no longer Kina, Lillet is available (e.g. from here https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005UXLCRM/007dossier-21), though it's now known as Lillet Blanc to differentiate it from Lillet Rouge which was launched later.

Of course, as a husband who had no qualms about purchasing "feminine hygiene" products for my other half, Lil-let has a whole other connotation!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!
FierceKitty
General

Down south of the border....

« Reply #2073 on: 07 July 2017, 02:44:57 AM »

Cocchi Americano. As used in the Vesper Martini, Corpse Reviver #2 and Old Etonian ... and doubtless other cocktails to boot.

Though no longer Kina, Lillet is available (e.g. from here https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005UXLCRM/007dossier-21), though it's now known as Lillet Blanc to differentiate it from Lillet Rouge which was launched later.

Of course, as a husband who had no qualms about purchasing "feminine hygiene" products for my other half, Lil-let has a whole other connotation!

Few things impress a woman more, in my experience, than helping out in that direction, especially on holiday where you remembered to pack a box or two and she forgot.

My opponents never play well. I was unlucky/the rules are unfair/I was off form/I felt sorry for him and let him win....
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: