Forum barfight

Started by Last Hussar, 10 August 2012, 04:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You haven't even started that one yet FSN!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 24 May 2015, 08:16:07 PM
My little battery powered version 'bit rather hard' at 30% of its full strength.
Goodness knows what strength 'belt' you got off a proper machine !!!
OUCH !!

Cheers - Phil

When my kids were small they used to get Nits from school fairly reguarly (Yuk).  They created merry hell when you tried to use the conditioner and "nit comb" as they had long hair and it took aboput 30 minutes each and was only reasonably sucessful.

So i bought an Electrinic Nit comb that had been designed in Israel. It took a single 1.5 volt battery.It had two metal nit combs slightly offset so that when you caught the nit it shorted out the two combs and the resulting belt killed it.

It was brilliant you combed thier hair for 10 mins twice a week and - no more nits.  and with three girls an hours time saved.

I soon learned that if you were not careful you could give the kids a belt, especially when combing  near thier ears.   Obviously the kids did not like this comb any more than the other one.  BUT  it did have an advantage if they moved they were likely to get a belt so that sat still while you did it.  If they did not the simple threat of "Sit Still or I will electricute you" gave me a statue of a child.

I did get a funny look off the Mum of one of thier freinds when she asked how I got them to sit still and my three year old said " we have to sit still or Daddy will lectricute us".  She did go out and buy one though  :-\

One day out of interest I measured the voltage across the combs - remember its got a Single 1.5 volt battery.  It was 400 volts, Thats not a typo.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

"It's the volts what jolts but it's the mills what kills!"
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Last Hussar

How does it get 400 volts! :o ?

My dad was an Electrical Engineer.  Apparently if you touch a mains cable (say if you are fixing in a domestic plug socket) through electrical insulation tape (that you've wrapped round to keep it safe) you speak scrambled for 10 minutes.

I'll ask him about that nit comb!
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

[Checks thread title - nips out to get 1.5 volt battery and two bits of wire, and the 'Ladybird Book of CIA enhanced interrogation'.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Why nip out, it's on the lend shelf?
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Anyone seen the ice bucket? Might need it tonight.

Techno

Even warm in SW Wales !!

Last Hussar

Right, Im ready for the darts tournament.

DSCF0210

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Oi! We've told you before, only semi-automatic allowed for darts matches.
Techno: put the Bren away too! We're still digging lead out from the last game. Although you can claim
501 in one burst!
X_X :-t :-t

fsn

No wonder I never win!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

How you miss the board....Let alone miss treble twenty each time.....Especially as you can reach the damn board with that blowpipe, is beyond me ! :o
(Or haven't you discovered the chewing gum I blocked the pipe with yet ?)

fsn

BLOW-pipe! Well, that explains it. A basic flaw in my technique!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data