WW1 Bits

Started by Tinfish, 11 March 2010, 10:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinfish

11 March 2010, 10:19:40 AM Last Edit: 23 July 2010, 11:57:02 PM by Leon
I keep asking about this at all the shows. Used by the French and Americans, with or without wheels, gunshield and flash suppressor.

A few pictures to help you along:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_d'Infantrie_de_37_modele_1916_TRP

http://www.landships.freeservers.com/37mm_gun.htm

Grant

Martyn

How about redoing the WW1 Turks. I bought some a few years ago and quite frankly they leave much to be desired so I did not bother and they are still in their bags. Is there any possibility that these figures could be upgraded to the current standard with some more poses?

Leon

How long ago did you buy them, because we had the Turks redesigned a few years back.  Have you got any photo's, or can you describe the poses, as you might have the older ones?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Martyn

Hi
It must have been 10? years ago. If they have been redesigned my apologies. Any chance of some pictures as I have been keen to do the battle of Kut for ages

Leon

You'll definitely have the older models there then.  We've changed a lot of the older figures from a variety of the ranges, simply because they weren't up to the standards of the newer stuff.  If I get chance to cast some off, I'll get some pics up.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

curry

David ,  as you have been adding quite a few packs to your WW1 ranges, can i suggest the following- Belgian Force Publique and Portugese  Askaris for E Africa plus Ghurkas, Arab irregular camel cavalry  and irregular mg s for the Middle East range. Ranjit.

Bertie

I also bought some Turks a couple of years ago. The two poses. one crouched advancing, the other kneeling with his rifle at the ready. They could sure do with perhaps a more enthusiastic advancing and firing pose.

Martyn

The one thing that lets the WW1 range down is the artillery crews. Would it be possible to have at least four different poses for gunners. Also have different poses for those manning the really heavy guns?

Captain Verbeek

please do bedouin cavalry first as these could work with my Sudan campaign.  I am not a big fan of the Mahdis cavalry, they look great for an Imir but not regular cav.  I will definitly be picking up any arabs and especially any T.E. Lawrence figs. 
Non Cadmus

Captain Verbeek

saw the irregular arab cav on the WWI list will check them out.  Have some questions on them in the Historical section.
Non Cadmus

Bernie

Agree with Martyn's comments. The heavy gun crew are the same as field guns and carrying a shell or a gun spike for a field gun does not give the impression of what they should look like

huascar

You can count on me as a customer for any Belgian Force Publique and Portuguese Askaris (some Portuguese Metropolitan army would also be nice). I have already spent a small fortune amassing most of Pendraken's current East Africa range, but these figures would really round out the range and open up a whole new assortment of scenarios. 

Peter W
Peter W

sgtpepper

Hi,

How about a WWI U-Boat? Not sure if it's worth it since Pendraken make a WWII variant.

S.

sgtpepper

How about an armored train with optional cars ? The track could be used for multiple periods too.

S.

lentulus

If you do that, I would like to see it in "N" gauge so it will sit cleanly on standard RR model track.