Olympics!

Started by Leon, 28 July 2012, 08:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

28 July 2012, 08:56:31 PM Last Edit: 28 July 2012, 11:52:36 PM by Leon
So who's watching the Olympics then, and what are you looking forward to?  

I thought the opening ceremony was impressive, and I'm looking forward to a few of the events, the swimming should be good to see if Phelps can win another bag full of medals.  I enjoy some of the track and field as well, 100m final, relay, etc.  The BBC coverage through the Red button is pretty cool, every event has it's own channel now, so you can flick between them all.  There were 23 events on there this afternoon!

Oh, and of course the beach volleyball is always worth a look...

:P
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

I WAS sort of looking forward to the 'O' word....But got more than slightly teed off with the TOTT (Totally Over The Top) hype that preceded it.
Now that's finished and it's actually started, I'm sure I'll be dipping in and out from time to time if only to see Britain's Dwayne Widdle-Waddle competing in the tiddly winks event.
Here's hoping that the British bungee relay team don't get disqualified for breaking wind in the first leg like they did last time ! ;)
Mrs Techno enjoyed the opening ceremony...I fell asleep, I'm afraid.

Phelps failed in his first event matey....He'll be back.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

I was really impressed by the opening ceremony, especially the Queen and James Bond sequence which was just superb. I felt immensely proud (and very tired) at the end of the ceremony and I must admit a little emotional at times :'(. The only bit I didn't think that worked that well was the start of the 'information age' or whatever it was called. There must have been so much stuff that went over the heads of other countries watching the ceremony.

As for events, the gymnastics, volleyball (I used to play so enjoy the proper version as well as the eye-candy one), the athletics 100m, 200m and 400m sprints. I'm sure there are others but can't think of them at present. My wife however is like a pig in sh*t this summer with the European football, Wimbledon and now the Olympics almost back-to-back.

Nosher

I think we should do it every four years and do away with the football world cup ;)

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Yorky

28 July 2012, 11:31:30 PM #4 Last Edit: 28 July 2012, 11:33:29 PM by Yorky
i saw her at the opening ceremony - the lady in red or Leryn Franco from Paraguay

Shedman

I'm taking my lad to see Team GB play Uruguay at Football in Cardiff on Wednesday

I'm quite excited because I also get to see Switzerland play Mexico so for once I can legitimately shout VIVA MEXICO!

:)

Leon

Quote from: Shedman on 29 July 2012, 01:02:55 AM
I'm taking my lad to see Team GB play Uruguay at Football in Cardiff on Wednesday.

Excellent, me and Dave went along to the warm-up game vs Brazil last week and had a great time.  Brazil were a different class to us, hard to see them being beat.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

I've been slightly disappointed with our lack of medals so far, I thought the home-team advantage would have paid off a bit more by now!  Miss Adlington had a good swim though, faster than Beijing, but only managed a Bronze unfortunately.   :(

Credit to the Women's Cyclists for riding through that rain as well!

:o

Techno

And Mr Phelps missed out again ! :o
Cheers - Phil.

Orcs

Did anyone see the Womens Beach volley ball between Ntherlands and Spain?  One of the Spanish team Liliana Fernandez Steiner has a very nice arse 

She dived for a shot and fell flat on her front, as she got up onto all fours in preperation to stand up the cameraman zoomed in on her shapely bottom.  Obviously a man of impeccable taste.

Unfortunately I havn't got the shot in question, but hopfully the link to another tasteful shot of her assests it will work.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/mobile/news/top-stories/Gallery+Women+Beach+Volleyball/7009025/story.html?&img=5
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Last Hussar

Why not just Google Nude Beach Volleyball?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

sebigboss79

Quote from: Leon on 30 July 2012, 03:59:03 AM
I've been slightly disappointed with our lack of medals so far, I thought the home-team advantage would have paid off a bit more by now!  Miss Adlington had a good swim though, faster than Beijing, but only managed a Bronze unfortunately.   :(

Credit to the Women's Cyclists for riding through that rain as well!

:o

Still better than the German swimmers, Cyclists, Judoka...the list goes on ;D

Nosher

What's all this nonsense about Mr Daley and twitter insults?

If you dont like the limelight step out of it young man. >:( What a waste of Police time when they could be chasing real criminals. >:(

Reminds me of Frankie Boyle's rant about Adlington on Mock the Week where he ended up losing his job. What happened to sportsmanship?

You lost/came lower than first. GET OVER IT :d
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

O Dinas Powys

Went to the first water polo session Sunday: Croatia ground out an 8-6 victory over Greece then Spain thrashed Kazakhstan 14-6 in much more entertaining style.

Ended up staying half the afternoon just meandering round the Olympic Park which I thought was fantastic. The stadia are just superb and there was a great atmosphere despite the intermittent downpours.

Only got my ticket because my brother's girlfriend gave birth last week. Now desperately trying to get a couple of tickets so my wife can take our eldest up to enjoy the Olympic Park experience.

Cheers,

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

nikharwood

31 July 2012, 09:34:54 AM #14 Last Edit: 31 July 2012, 09:40:18 AM by nikharwood
Quote from: Leon on 28 July 2012, 08:56:31 PM
So who's watching the Olympics then, and what are you looking forward to?  

This warm-up... :D

Not this one...(WARNING: budgie-smuggler alert)

:o :-& :d