Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
31 October 2020, 10:14:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've released some handy WWII Drivers & Passengers!
309177 Posts in 17979 Topics by 2268 Members
Latest Member: tony6655
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  Fantasy/Sci-Fi Requests
| | | |-+  Sci-Fi suggestions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sci-Fi suggestions  (Read 7697 times)
Aart Brouwer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

« Reply #15 on: 14 May 2010, 01:26:20 PM »

Actually doing G.I. Joe would be sweet as well....think of all the cool tanks and planes.

G.I. Joe in 10mm?  Shocked

How about Noddy? The Teletubbies? Think of the possibilities - there's so much more out there, man.  Lips Sealed

Cheers,
Aart

Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)
Hurley
Cadet

« Reply #16 on: 14 May 2010, 02:08:21 PM »

Well you can't get ant more sci-fi then G.I Joe. I was just putting it out there cause it would get a lot of attention. It also fits a army scale very well.

And hey battletech was a tv show to and star wars.

Hurley

warning up salt amounts when talking to this person.
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #17 on: 14 May 2010, 04:47:44 PM »

Yes - starship troopers - now theres an idea - are they copyrighted? I know theres a firm out there doing 28mm - (anyone got a name of the firm??) but if I remember theyre darned mucho gelto - and it would cost you an arm and a leg to create the numbers required- but in 10 mm?? - ooooooh yes

But then again- the Sci fi range Pendraken has could do that now really - ok Ill just shut up!  Cry

Cheesy

We've got some bugs and troopers in the Sci-Fi range that could work quite well for a Starship Troopers game.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
jchaos79
Brigadier

« Reply #18 on: 16 May 2010, 07:43:09 PM »

Well get my vote for generic sci fi aliens  Cheesy

Luddite
Brigadier

« Reply #19 on: 14 June 2010, 12:08:19 AM »

OK, i'll put my request in for an expansion of this range.

I'd like to see

USCM

UD4L 'Cheyenne' Utility Dropship
M22A3 Jackson medium tank
M34A2 Longstreet light tank
M40 Ridgeway heavy tank
M292 158mm self propelled artillery gun
Infantry:  incinerator units, motion trackers, snipers, SADAR units, PIG Plasma Infantry Gunners, M402 multi-launch mortar teams

Civilians

P5000 power loaders
More colonists, including colony vehicles, armed militia, work crews, 'planetary forces, police, rioters, etc.

Corporate Troops

Some Weyland Yutani or Wal-Mart combat troops and equipment.

Conventional forces

UAA (United Americas Alliance) Army troops (USMC will do for these i guess).

Eridani Chinese colonial forces

Herculis Anglo-Japanese forces

Cheesy

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN
jchaos79
Brigadier

« Reply #20 on: 14 June 2010, 08:19:52 PM »

Infantry:  incinerator units, motion trackers, snipers, SADAR units, PIG Plasma Infantry Gunners, M402 multi-launch mortar teams
-Great otpions there!

For Civilians Corporate, Troops and conventional forces have my entire vote support

Some Weyland Yutani or Wal-Mart combat troops and equipment. --- These will be awsome!

Count on me for the Ludite Sci-Fi options

Leon
Viscount

« Reply #21 on: 15 June 2010, 06:46:37 PM »

That's a lot of stuff, I've had to print another blank requests sheet for all that!  Some it sounds quite 'copyright-y' though?!

www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Luddite
Brigadier

« Reply #22 on: 15 June 2010, 06:59:02 PM »

Change the names?

There's little to no visual reference for this stuff so 'terraforming corporation troopers'?

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #23 on: 15 June 2010, 07:03:07 PM »

Change the names?

There's little to no visual reference for this stuff so 'terraforming corporation troopers'?

OK, that's fair enough.  We're gonna need some new designers soon!

Luddite
Brigadier

« Reply #24 on: 15 June 2010, 11:37:54 PM »

Until then i'll be scouring your other ranges for likely candidates!

Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: