Orcs?

Started by Antioch, 27 February 2024, 05:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antioch

Far from a regular here on the forum, but suprised there isn't a Pendraken 10mm Orc range. I am sure there is history here somewhere but haven't been able to find anything. I admit I haven't looked in on the Warband rules to see if they are included in there... (which maybe a reason they aren't)

I imagine Leon's to do list is vast & extensive...but maybe??

Leon

We used to have a range of Orcs but they were really 15mm figures and were way bigger than anything else in the Fantasy ranges.  We dropped them when Warband was released and just left the Goblins instead.  We do have some folks who use the Goblins as Orcs though.

There were some plans to add some chunkier figures to use as Orcs but we didn't get chance to do them (2020 I think?)  We're hoping to add Ratmen and Amazon later this year so we'll see if we can fit some Orc types in next year.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Antioch

Thanks Leon....Answer much appreciated. I have a Goblin army somewhere in your casters backlog so will get a good look at them in the near future. However somehow I doubt they will work for me as Orcs. But I will find an alternative in the interim. I understand hobby desires doesn't nesc make a great economic reason/decision on what to put into production.

You have many other wares that are tempting enough in the interim.

Bob

Last Hussar

I know Orcs - he definitely isn't 10mm tall...
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Last Hussar on 28 February 2024, 12:50:44 PMI know Orcs - he definitely isn't 10mm tall...

Throw Nobby your coat on the way out  ;D  ;D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Last Hussar

1) I have a Dolman and Pelisse

2) Oy, Orcs, Kermit thinks you're a midget.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 28 February 2024, 04:33:11 PM2) Oy, Orcs, Kermit thinks you're a midget.

That's alright, while he was queuing Gents, I couldn't wait that long, so used his beer glass!  :-&  :-&

He didn't notice - I am not sure what that says for:-
A: The Beer here
B: His taste buds
C: How much Beer i have drunk. 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Keraunos

It seems a bit awkard to bring this up, but doesn't Pendraken do a range of Night Orcs - or is that a typographical error?

Ithoriel

QuoteIt seems a bit awkard to bring this up, but doesn't Pendraken do a range of Night Orcs - or is that a typographical error?
Apparently so

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry

Antioch

Quote from: Keraunos on 18 March 2024, 11:21:00 AMIt seems a bit awkard to bring this up, but doesn't Pendraken do a range of Night Orcs - or is that a typographical error?

They certainly do, but I was looking for just plain every day 'tolkien like' orcs. These are a rather differnt look & sculpt then what I wanted...so while I have some of Pendrakens goblins....there night orcs are a differnt range entirely.

One of the difficulties manufacturers have is havng to differentiate a product with others.  (For a lot of differnt reasons). 

steve_holmes_11

QuoteApparently so

Hug a hoodie!

Big Insect

The greater good!
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.