Wotcha taking on holiday this summer?

Started by Nosher, 16 July 2012, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

I reckon its going to be pishing it down most of the time I'm on holiday so I might just get away with taking some wargaming related bits and pieces away with me.

What holiday projects have people got on (whilst away)?
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

I'm getting dragged away for a week in a caravan in August, so I think I might take those Sci-Fi module masters up with me and finally get them finished off.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Summer?
25th hessian Div & French Imperial Guard for 1870 nut not going away
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

I only ever take a few books to read with me on the family holiday. Too busy enjoying the hot and sunny weather in Turkey to think about anything else 8).

Aart Brouwer

What summer?

Last year I made a very long and very satifying trip through Eastern and Southern Europe starting in Budapest and ending in Venice, so this year I'm going native (and cheap)on one of the Dutch islands. And I'm bringing books as usual. A bunch of old and new novels and some wargaming related non-fiction: a biography of Richelieu, one of Louis XIV, Peter Wilson's book on the TYW.

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Steve J

Some birds have already started migrating South due to the distinctly Autumnal weather of late. We are however promised some more appropriate seasonal weather next week 8).

nikharwood

What is this 'holiday' thing you speak of?  ;) :)

mijalo

A week of climbing in Nagano so anything related to miniatures just isn't particularly practical...

Shecky

I already took mine. Spent time in Florida and Chicago with family. I was able to finish Henderson's, "The Battle of Spicheren" between fishing, golfing and cooking.

Techno

Quote from: nikharwood on 16 July 2012, 10:39:59 PM
What is this 'holiday' thing you speak of?  ;) :)

Not a word I'm familiar with Nik....Sorry, can't help you.
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Shecky on 17 July 2012, 05:07:59 AM
I was able to finish Henderson's, "The Battle of Spicheren" .
Any good?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Wanax

This year I will be in Scotland again. After a brief stop in Edinburgh for Claymore (Leon I will send you a pre order), directly to north. Shatlands and outhers Hebrideans Islands.
Lot of walk and a round of good golf in South Uist.

I need to leave the awfully hot and sunny Italy.

Sandro
Florence
Italy
2012 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Shecky

I enjoyed it. Although it's sometimes difficult to follow when he's describing what individual companies are doing. I'm waiting for his book on the battle of woerth to be made available on kindle.

Leon

Quote from: Wanax on 17 July 2012, 09:45:47 PM
After a brief stop in Edinburgh for Claymore (Leon I will send you a pre order)

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

AndyT

Quote from: Leon on 16 July 2012, 04:28:56 PM
I'm getting dragged away for a week in a caravan in August, so I think I might take those Sci-Fi module masters up with me and finally get them finished off.

:-bd :-bd :-bd